RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

What live stream are you currently using

Jazman

Mike, you guys may want to move full time over to Google+ Hangouts. We gave up on Skype after issues nearly every show. Ever since the move to Google+ about 5 or 6 shows ago, we have not had one problem. We did have an issue with Livestream once, but I have things set up so we can bounce over to JustinTV within a few seconds and all the viewers have to do is refresh their screen (web page is re-directed). I was so glad I spent the time setting this up a few weeks before the issue happened. In fact, the Livestream problem happened early in the pre-show, so most viewers that night never even knew we switched from Livestream to JustinTV for that show.

Mike, you guys may want to move full time over to Google+ Hangouts. We gave up on Skype after issues nearly every show. Ever since the move to Google+ about 5 or 6 shows ago, we have not had one problem. We did have an issue with Livestream once, but I have things set up so we can bounce over to JustinTV within a few seconds and all the viewers have to do is refresh their screen (web page is re-directed). I was so glad I spent the time setting this up a few weeks before the issue happened. In fact, the Livestream problem happened early in the pre-show, so most viewers that night never even knew we switched from Livestream to JustinTV for that show.

Is a Google account required in order to use Hangout?

Yes, but we get around this for our guest without an account by letting them use our "guest account". I set up a dummy account and give the password to the guest to use if they don't have one already. During the pre-show interview I do with each guest, generally a week or so before the show, I walk them through using the account. I have done this for two guest so far and it worked without a problem.

Yes, but we get around this for our guest without an account by letting them use our "guest account". I set up a dummy account and give the password to the guest to use if they don't have one already. During the pre-show interview I do with each guest, generally a week or so before the show, I walk them through using the account. I have done this for two guest so far and it worked without a problem.

Sounds like a good plan.