RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Shoop

"Computer Monitoring error"

Shoop

Computer monitoring error still exists on mine. I have three clients connected to my WHS. My computer is the only one that gets the notification. Seems like every half hour it switches from yellow to green or green to yellow.

Around the time of the update i did the following:

1. Switched out the router on my network.

2. Removed my machine from the network (the only computer on the network showing the computer monitoring error) reinstalled the os and added it back to the network.

I dont have any archieved backups so Im assuming my problem is related to either the removal and add back of my machine or the swapping of the router. Any ideas?

Everything on the network is working flawlessly otherwise.

ikon

From the thread so far I would lean toward the removal and reinstall of the computer.

jmwills

I'm about to fix the issue by going to, or at least testing SBS Essentials, at least for backup. The Hyper-V server now has 32 gigs of DDR3, so that is no longer an issue.

pcdoc

Computer monitoring error still exists on mine. I have three clients connected to my WHS. My computer is the only one that gets the notification. Seems like every half hour it switches from yellow to green or green to yellow.

Around the time of the update i did the following:

1. Switched out the router on my network.

2. Removed my machine from the network (the only computer on the network showing the computer monitoring error) reinstalled the os and added it back to the network.

I dont have any archieved backups so Im assuming my problem is related to either the removal and add back of my machine or the swapping of the router. Any ideas?

Everything on the network is working flawlessly otherwise.

At this point, I would not do anything but wait for the fix from MS. If it bothers that much, uninstall the RU and wait for the fix. I have successfully uninstalled a couple of times with no side effects.

Shoop

I officially feel stupid! After close look at the Dashboard I realized that the pane on the computers and backup was sized just enough to hide my archieved backups. After stretching the pane I saw I had two archieved backups sitting there. Once I removed them the computer monitoring error went away. I never even once thought to resize the pane in the dashboard to see if they were there. Rookie mistake.

Edited by Shoop

ikon

I officially feel stupid! After close look at the Dashboard I realized that the pane on the computers and backup was sized just enough to hide my archieved backups. After stretching the pane I saw I had two archieved backups sitting there. Once I removed them the computer monitoring error went away. I never even once thought to resize the pane in the dashboard to see if they were there. Rookie mistake.

-3.1415926 geek creds. :D j/k Glad you found it.

pcdoc

Yep, they do somewhat hide it. I suspect there may be more out there in the same boat. I am not saying it is impossible for other factors, just that MS has traced the logs back to this issue in every case "they" have looked at. There might be some other factors down deep that are not visible but I am guessing it is backup related in some way. Glad you found it.