RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Shoop

"Computer Monitoring error"

pcdoc

Are you going to reinstall the KB to confirm the hypothesis?

I have it installed for the 3 days. All is well. For me it has worked.

Commodore

Deleted my archive and all is well.

ikon

Deleted my archive and all is well.

So it seems having an archive for sure will cause an issue, and there may be other factors that can cause problems as well.

pcdoc

I am fairly convinced that the folks that are getting the error have some type of issue with the backups. So far, the people that have removed their computers and put them back on have an issue but I believe there still is a connection to their backups in some way. I have tried to reproduce the issue on two system now and both work with no archives and both had an issue with archive backups. Is it possible you have errors in your backup? For those who do not believe you have an archive and still have the problem, send a PM to Dave. Possibly could forward your log files to MS as I did.

ikon

Possibly could forward your log files to MS as I did.

Good idea. Never even thought about people taking advantage of the fact we have WHS MVPs on hand :)

pcdoc

Good idea. Never even thought about people taking advantage of the fact we have WHS MVPs on hand :)

Before you contact Dave, make sure you do not have any backup archives. The contact I spoke to said that they have not yet seen a case where this did not fix it and want to know if there is.

ikon

Before you contact Dave, make sure you do not have any backup archives. The contact I spoke to said that they have not yet seen a case where this did not fix it and want to know if there is.

Good point.

timekills

Another vote for an archived backup causing the problem and removing it the solution here.

Kman

OK well I for one have this problem but would like to keep my archive and I just rebuilt another PC and will have another archive to keep

This being said I also have backup space problems

Is there any way to offload the archive and put it on another drive then delete it from the system to get rid of the error?

Now the hard part can you in anyway re open this from the other location or even move it back?

sorry I know i'm a bit off topic but seems that it might intrest others following this thread

pcdoc

OK well I for one have this problem but would like to keep my archive and I just rebuilt another PC and will have another archive to keep

This being said I also have backup space problems

Is there any way to offload the archive and put it on another drive then delete it from the system to get rid of the error?

Now the hard part can you in anyway re open this from the other location or even move it back?

sorry I know i'm a bit off topic but seems that it might intrest others following this thread

Do not know of a way to move the archive but you can move the entire client backups to another drive. I had mine going to my RAID 5 for a while.