RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Shoop

"Computer Monitoring error"

jmwills

or copy those archived backups off to an external drive...

msawyer91

Interesting find. To answer your question, an archive backup is if you removed a machine and saved the backup files. If you look directly under the computers you have backed up, there is a section called Archived backups. Click the arrow and if you have anything there that is the issue. "IF" you do not need them you can delete them and the error goes away.

Thanks for the tip. However, I remoted into my server from work, pulled up the Dashboard, went to Computers and Backup and there are only two sections -- Computers and Server. I do recall choosing to save backups in the past, but in those cases when I un-joined a PC, it was because I was rebuilding it and subsequently re-joined it. So I don't know if that archived and then un-archived them. In any case, I don't have a section named Archived backups.

Only two machines are showing warnings, and one I was able to fix on the spot. Both warnings were the new hard drive warning. The one I could fix was my personal laptop, which is at home and online. The second one I could not fix, because it's my work-issued laptop and here at work with me.

Come to think of it, I did not see a single monitoring error yesterday, and none are appearing today. Maybe Microsoft fixed the issue, and since I don't appear to have any archives, at least none that are appearing in the Dashboard, I'm out of the woods. Hopefully...

ikon

As was mentioned, we covered this in HSS 175. The error is caused only when you have an archive backup. The error goes away if you delete the archives. So happended I did not need them so I dumped mine. They said a fix would come in 30-60 days.

That must be it then. I just checked my Windows Home Sever 2011 Dashboard/Computers and Backup and there is no indication of "Archived" backups at all. I don't even have a section labelled Archived Backups. I guess it only shows up if you actually have some?

BTW: HSS 175? I only see 174 on the site; not released yet perhaps?

jmwills

I did remove and add back the same machine, so, that's one thing to check tonight. Off load to the MicroServer!!

Joe_Miner

That must be it then. I just checked my Windows Home Sever 2011 Dashboard/Computers and Backup and there is no indication of "Archived" backups at all. I don't even have a section labelled Archived Backups. I guess it only shows up if you actually have some?

BTW: HSS 175? I only see 174 on the site; not released yet perhaps?

175 was live last night

• Like 1

ikon

175 was live last night

Ah. I can't tune in live cause it's too late.

Shoop

I removed my main machine from my network to rebuild it and then added it back to the network. I did not save the archive and when I log into the dashboard there is no archived backups listed. This was about the time the rollup came out. Anyhow, I still have this computer monitoring error on my main machine pop up. Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by Shoop

ikon

I removed my main machine from my network to rebuild it and then added it back to the network. I did not save the archive and when I log into the dashboard there is no archived backups listed. This was about the time the rollup came out. Anyhow, I still have this computer monitoring error on my main machine pop up. Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe try uninstalling the rollup, then get your main machine all set up and configured fully for WHS backup/connectivity, then try re-installing the rollup? I don't know if it will help, but it's something to try.

pcdoc

If you do not have an archive then it usually means you do not have any. I am not 100% convinced this will work for everyone but it did work for me. On my third day with no errors.

ikon

If you do not have an archive then it usually means you do not have any. I am not 100% convinced this will work for everyone but it did work for me. On my third day with no errors.

Are you going to reinstall the KB to confirm the hypothesis?