RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Shoop

"Computer Monitoring error"

gcoupe

Anyone know where I can report this issue? The link paulnj posted above is not working.

You need to have an account registered at Microsoft Connect for access to the WHS section. That's probably why the link isn't working for you.

So far, 28 people have reported that they are seeing this bug. Microsoft have ackowledged the problem and stated that

this alert is caused by an internal error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object", we are investigating the root cause, a quick workaround is you could "Ignore" this alert, do not "Delete".
Edited by gcoupe

jmwills

Wow, what a resolution! Ignore it, even I knew that.

gcoupe

Yep, useful, isn't it? And, I don't know what they mean by "do not Delete" - I don't see any "delete" function for the alert...

jmwills

To me it seems like they really know what the issue is, but the fix is more costly than the cure, Server 8.

ikon

I like how they say, "you could 'ignore' it"..... IOW, we don't recommend it, but you could ignore it. :P

geek-accountant

It seems to me that the quality control on this one was bad to none. With this many people getting the error, what kind of testing did they do before pushing this out?

ikon

Hah! Thought I had the bug again on my main w7 desktop (the computer I'm typing this on), then checked my System Tray. Oops! Whadya know, I really did have updates to apply. Did that; now my Launchpad icon is green again. I guess that means Launchpad did what it's supposed to: it got my attention and I updated my system :)

BTW, how does MS consider a signature update to MSE to be an optional update?

pcdoc

And you guys thought it was just me.... Great advice to ignore it....NOT. I solved my issue by removing the roll-up. Painful having to go to each machine and remove and re-install the connector but I refuse to see this error and the update did not offer me anything since I do not use remote access or the media streaming. Third party streamers such as Air Video or StreamToMe support many more formats and do a much better streaming content. Once they fix it I will put it back in but for now it offers me nothing.

ikon

pssst, guys. I think pcdoc is in one of his paranoid phases again - don't say anything to rile him up... shhhhh. ;)

Seriously pcdoc, I can't imagine anyone here thinking it was just you.

Shoop

Did the updates released today help anyone out with this situation. Mine is still a problem.