Shoop

"Computer Monitoring error"

Shoop    0
Shoop

Recently, on my main computer I noticed that the launchpad icon in the sys tray will go yellow. When it does it lists the server name and that it has a computer monoitoring error. After a little while (Im assuming another health assessment check) it will go back to green. It will just keep repeating this scenario over and over. It seems like every other health assesment check has an error.

Can anyone tell me why I might be getting this computer monitoring error on my server?

jmwills    283
jmwills

Did you install Update Rollup 2 that was released this week? If so, that might be the cause of the problem.

Shoop    0
Shoop

I installed the updates that were released on Feb 14th. Not sure if that is the roll up 2 or not. Is there any way to fix this?

paulnj    0
paulnj

This is happenong to me too, as well as an error that the connector is wrong or that the cleint computers can't to the Home Server. I bug report has been files on WHS Connect https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/details/725537/computer-monitoring-error-since-rollup-kb2630434-02-14-11

the more that report the issue the quicker MS may come up with a bug fix.

Shoop    0
Shoop

Glad to know I'm not the only one. It also updated the connector software for each clinet. Will I be able to use updated connector software with the server if I uninstall it?

jmwills    283
jmwills

Yes. Just download from the server again.

pcdoc    107
pcdoc

This is the same error that I posted on a few days ago. It is aggravating the say the least. My guess is that everyone will get the error at some point as it is not consistent and shows up then goes away.

ikon    420
ikon

This is the same error that I posted on a few days ago. It is aggravating the say the least. My guess is that everyone will get the error at some point as it is not consistent and shows up then goes away.

I'm waiting for it cause it hasn't happened to me.......... yet. Here MS, take this: :P

pcdoc    107
pcdoc

Glad to know I'm not the only one. It also updated the connector software for each clinet. Will I be able to use updated connector software with the server if I uninstall it?

You have to uninstall all the connector software as well and re-install the older version. Painful.