RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Does WHS 2001 support loading RAID drivers during install

coxhaus

I am interested in purchasing WHS 2011 but I would like to know if I can install my RAID drivers using the F6 key during install like loading server 2008 r2. I don't want to wipeout my current server testing this. Has anybody used the F6 key during install?

The process has changed a little since Server 2003. You will get to a point in the install where a location is required and if you do not see the drive, there is an option to "Load Drivers". No F6.

I am interested in purchasing WHS 2011 but I would like to know if I can install my RAID drivers using the F6 key during install like loading server 2008 r2. I don't want to wipeout my current server testing this. Has anybody used the F6 key during install?

Think we need to clarify this question. Yes you can install using the F6 key but what "existing" setup are you referring too. If you do an install it will wipe your setup. Please clarify.

I am wanting to install WHS 2011 over an existing 2008 r2 server. I will format the RAID 5 system partition after F6 and loading the RAID drivers for my Intel scrsas18e RAID card. The rest of the data or partitions will remain intact. I have done this with native HyperV and Server 2008 r2 before so I assume it will work with WHS 2011 server.

So what I gathered from your other post is I will need to delete the sytem partition so WHS 2011 can create 2 partitions. Is there a partition manager on WHS 2011 so I can point it to the remaing partitions on the RAID5?

You will have to create your partitions up front otherwise it will hose your setup. As jmwills stated they are both off server 2008 however the install programs are different. Personally considering the RAID 5 is GPT partition, I would not go that route.