• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jazzerjay

• jmwills

• geek-accountant

• ikon

I have a laptop I'm currently using to run Win8 Dev Preview. I'll replace it with the Consumer Preview.

As long as I don't have to look at that metro interface...I'm in, for testing.

I hear you. I was getting frustrated with Metro, until I read more of Sinofsky's blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/ I got enough tips from it that I've changed my opinion. I now think MS is on to something, even for techies and enterprises. Now, if it's just the look of Metro you hate, well, nothin I can do bout that. :)

I am definitely excited to try Windows 8. As a Windows Phone 7 user, I think the Metro interface is fantastic and think it has the potential to make a great UI even for a laptop or desktop.

Just wanted to update that I'm now navigating around Win8 on my OLD hand-me-down Gateway laptop way better than I was at first. Let me just say that the Windows keys is your friend when using Win8. Use it like Win7 - hit the WinKey then start typing to locate the app you want. What a difference!

Just wanted to update that I'm now navigating around Win8 on my OLD hand-me-down Gateway laptop way better than I was at first. Let me just say that the Windows keys is your friend when using Win8. Use it like Win7 - hit the WinKey then start typing to locate the app you want. What a difference!

That is a very under utilized feature of W7. I am telling people about it all the time.

That is a very under utilized feature of W7. I am telling people about it all the time.

I fear you're 100% correct. Too bad, cause it makes SUCH a difference.

I remember hearing all the uproar over the inability to dual boot Linux with win8 and had forgotten about it.

Recently I tried to install Ubuntu via Wubi and kept getting errors. I guess they are locking you out for now?

And I still find the tiles awkward on the desktop.