RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Shoop

Cannot connect to computer in my network remotely.

Shoop

I had this same computer on the network woking just fine with remote login. I had to upgrade the primary drive on it so, I reloaded the computer and set it up with remote web access through the connector software. Computer works just fine connecting to the server. When I use the computer credentials to remote log onto the server it works fine. However, when I try to connect to the computer it tells me the same login credentials are not valid and will not let me connect. I'm stuck at the username and password login. I use the same password for every computer so I know the password is right. Any Ideas?

Thanks

jmwills

Define, "Upgrade Primary Drive". Is this a new hard drive with a fresh OS install? You may have to remove the computer from the server, archive/keep the backups and add it back in.

Shoop

Yeah, I installed a brand new Kingston Hyper X SSD in my primary computer. I did a fresh install and just setup a new computer name and new user name for WHS2011 instead of using my old username associated with the old drive. Basically, I'm starting fresh and with this new drive I'm treating it as a new user. I plan on deleting the old user account associated with my old hard drive. I can remote access into the server under the new account while on the road. However, I cannot connect to the computer with the new hard drive.

Edited by Shoop

jmwills

Did you give the new user account, Remote Priviledges?

jmwills

The only two things that would be similar would be the MAC addresses from the NIC cards. Did you use the same hostname again?

What is the exact error message?

Shoop

It just tells me the log in credentials are not valid and puts me back at the username and password screen. Could this have something to do with home groups?

jmwills

Absolutely! Get rid of them! Not needed! Problem solved.

Shoop

Still not working. It asks me for the credentials when connecting to the computer and then it comes back with your credentials did not work and prompts me for password again.

jmwills

As I guessed, there is probably a service running. Check this posting.