RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Joe_Miner

More Interesting MicroServer Links

Joe_Miner

Not sure this topic is for hardware only links but I just installed XPEnology on my N40L succesfully. It basically makes a bad ass Synology system. It's the first system I installed on my lab machine. Hosted on ESXi 5.1. Works great so far. I followed the advice given in this topic: http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=558

Thanks Hans!

ikon

Interesting. I've never heard of XPEnology. Thanks for posting about it.

Joe_Miner

Links have been added/updated on the 1st page.

Joe_Miner

Updated to show link to RacerX find of the New AMD driver for Port Multiplier

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• E3000
      By E3000
      Hey guys,

Has anyone around here been successful in setting up Proxmox on a Gen8 using a HBA for storage?
    • E3000
      By E3000
      Hey guys,

As of June 2020, what are the latest versions of firmware for HP Microserver Gen8 to be installed on the system itself? Also do any other components have updatable firmware/os-independent software?

So far my list is as follows:
      BIOS - J06 (04/04/2019) iLO 4 - v2.73 (11/02/2020) Intelligent Provisioning - v1.71 (20/02/2019)  
      and I guess the following could also be added (although both out of date):
      Smart Update Manager (HP SUM) - v8.1.0 (21/12/2017) Service Pack for ProLiant (06/11/2017)  
      Date formated as DD/MM/YYYY.

I believe all the B120i Smart Storage stuff is part of Intelligent Provisioning.
    • E3000
      By E3000
      Hey guys, 

Bit of a random question here, and I know it depends on many factors such as what they are doing etc, but how many VMs have you guys comfortably ran on Gen8 with an E3-1265v2 and 16GB RAM? When did you start to see a performance hit compared to what the Gen8 is generally capable of?
    • E3000
      By E3000
      Is it possible to install any PCIe SATA card and boot from an attached SSD instead of internal MicroSD/USB/ODD?

Are there any special requirements needed to boot from an SSD connected to a cheap PCIe SATA III card?

Are there any limitations?