Joe_Miner

More Interesting MicroServer Links

Joe_Miner

Useful MicroServer links & References:      HardWare Links   ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Links!    MicroServer Blog Postings     N54L Blog Postings     NAS Postings

A First Time Build with Windows Home Server 2011 and HP ProLiant N40L MicroServer -- Part I.    A First Time Build With Windows Home Server 2011 and HP ProLiant N40L MicroServer -- Part II.   First Timer MicroServer with WHS Build!     The Value of WHS2011-A Story!     A Change of Plan!     NewBe Setup Q's!     Road Map Help on N54L, New Install of WHS2011!    What to do With the New MicroServer?

HP Announces New Servers Including the NEW Gen8 MicroServer!

Gen8 MicroServers on HSS 227 (with LOTS of Gen8 Links)!

HP MicroServer Discussed on the Home Server Show #212      Windows Home Server on MicroServer ShootOut!

Successfully Enabled Port Multiplier on eSATA <<== Read Posts #1, #14, #28 , #60,    NEW AMD Driver found by RacerX #129,

HP N40L ProLiant MicroServer Tear-Down <= Must view -- This is a video pre show of the Home Server Show Podcast 167. @jcollison and @dieharder were killing time and decided to tear apart the HP Microserver.

HP business page for HP ProLiant G7 N54L 1P 2GB-U Non-hot Plug SATA 250GB 150W PS MicroServer
HP business page for HP ProLiant N40L 1P 2GB-U Emb SATA NHP 250GB LFF 150W PS MicroServer

HP MicroServer Self Repair Videos <= These are a MUST View NOW INCLUDES G8 MicroServers Repair (link updated 2/16/13 to HP Services Media Library =>Servers =>MicroServers =>then Std or G8 // also direct link Std => Here 2/16/13)

ROM Firmware Upgrade from HP <<== HP's Download site for PGM to create USB key to Flash the BIOS with the current FACTORY BIOS -- You want this also if you want to flash the MOD BIOS -- Read Step by Step guide, including a Critical Path Check List at HP ProLiant N40L MicroServer Build and BIOS Modification Revisited Ikon has also posted a useful check list at flash the BIOS with the BIOS-Mods version using a USB stick

HP Operating System and Virtualization on ProLiant Servers Info Page the official HP position – check out the MicroServers and see what officially supported under Server Matrices
HP ProLiant MicroServer QuickSpec's <<== includes the N54L
DataSheet Comparing N54L to i5-520M
Windows Server Certification

HP MicroServer Series Overview
MicroServer Driver & Support Info
HP ProLiant MicroServer Installation Sheet

HP ProLiant MicroServer User Guide Dec 2012 Edition: 6 pdf

HP ProLiant MicroServer User Guide
HP ProLiant MicroServer -- Spare Parts

AMD Turion II Neo N54L AMD Turion II Neo N40L

Technical White Paper Implementing Microsoft Windows Server 2012 on HP ProLiant servers
Technical White Paper Implementing Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials on HP ProLiant Servers

SBS Diva's Microserver build for Hyper-V for S2012E (Eventually)
SBS Diva's Play-box for Hyper-V
SBS Diva Confirms the MicroServer will hold 16GB of RAM
SBS Diva's State of the Union of S2012E HSS #217 includes description of her home N40L with Hyper-V Lab and WHS-2011    

Using S2012E by Jim Clark on HSS #221          MicrosSoft Windows Home Server 2011 Unleashed     Windows Home Server 2011 Online Help!

WHS-2011 Resources Datasheets White Papers     S2012E Resources Datasheets White Papers    

Windows Server 2012 Essentials: Migrate to Essentials <== Paul Thurrott's article on Migrating to S2012E on a MicroServer

HP ProLiant MicroServer Owners Club OverClockers Australia Forums
N40L Owners Thread #2 N40L Owners Thread #3 N40L Owners Thread #4
N40L Owners Thread #5
Lime Tech -- unRAID Server Community 
AVForums - HP N36L MicroServer Updated AHCI BIOS Support     HP MicroServer N36L/N40L/N54L - Enhanced BIOS WIKI     

Interesting MicroServer build on TheSpicers.net    Guide to the HP ProLiant MicroServer, from purchasing to upgrading to setting up. (Link from HSS 196)
Setting Up a New N40L for DummiesWhirlPool Users Group    Upgrading HP N40L MicroServer with an SSD Drive
A microserver with USB 3.0 and 3TB drives       Create Virtual Machines on Ubuntu             <=NEW

The MicroServer and ESXi ESXi 5 Part 1 ESXi 5 Part 2   Creating(a better) vSphere 5 ESXi embedded USB Stick (HP)   HP's VMware vSphere Hypervisor 5 (ESXi) and Updates  <=NEW    
Issues Installing ESXi on a HP MicroServer!!              MicroServer and vSphere compatability

Andy’s World – check out his posts on the MicroServers. For something really interesting read about his Cluster of MicroServers running ESXi 5.0
XPEnology installed on N40L under ESXi 5.1 Host (Post #40)!

Comparison: Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V vs VMware vSphere 5.1 

Edited by Joe_Miner
  • Like 1

texasPI

Thanks! It's nice to have them all in one spot.

Erik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texasPI

Thanks Jim. I was looking for that one but could not find it. I've since torn mine down but useful nonetheless.

Erik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe_Miner

Thanks Jim -- I had been trying to find that!

jmwills

I finally unpacked the 2nd MicroServer tonight and did find the trick to unlocking the miniSAS cable. You need to get a small thin flat screwdriver and GENTLY insert below the clip you push in at the top. The cable will then slide right out.

I now understand how people are running RAID Cards in these boxes.....one of those DUH moments.

jmwills

Joe....where did you get the Dual NC card?

• Like 1