RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HTPC/6TB RAID-5 Server Build - Completed

Kaen

I may be mistaked, but aren't you supposed to put ram into like colored slots to get them to work at DDR? I might just be having a brain fart, if so excuse me :).

Nice catch. I'm not sure how I missed that. Something to correct when I get home today. Thanks!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pcdoc

• mattd390

• ikon

• Kaen

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice catch. I'm not sure how I missed that. Something to correct when I get home today. Thanks!

No prob! I'd hate for someone to not get all their memory bandwidth!! :)

Very nice Build!!

I like the looks of that Lian Li case too.

Thanks for posting the pictures and performance charts!!

I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

I may be mistaked, but aren't you supposed to put ram into like colored slots to get them to work at DDR? I might just be having a brain fart, if so excuse me :).

Good catch. And I hear you about the brain fart. I'm pretty sure I had/have a mobo that was just the opposite: I automatically put the DDR2 into same coloured slots, only to find it wasn't operating in dual-channel mode. When I RTFM, it said I had to one in the beige slot and 1 in the black one to get dual channel. It's the only mobo I can recall that was like that.

Good catch. And I hear you about the brain fart. I'm pretty sure I had/have a mobo that was just the opposite: I automatically put the DDR2 into same coloured slots, only to find it wasn't operating in dual-channel mode. When I RTFM, it said I had to one in the beige slot and 1 in the black one to get dual channel. It's the only mobo I can recall that was like that.

Wow, I have never had a motherboard that had ram go into unlink slots, weird! The only reason I recognized the mistake was from making it myself :). I think 70% or more of the things I know are from learning from darn mistakes :D.