RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Grid Junction 2.0 for WHS 2011 and SBS Essentials 2011 Discontinued

Greg Welch

I am not sure it has anything to do with WHS2011 specifically. To me it would be very hard to continue developing a product and supporting it after release when it doesn't generate any revenue for my time.

• 2 weeks later...

After I removed Grid Junction on my WHS 2011, I installed APC PowerChute Business Edition Deluxe. It is free and provides more far more control of the UPS than Grid Junction. It is not visible through the WHS Dashboard but by installing the PowerChute client on my desktop I can monitor and control the UPS on the server without using remote access.

I have an APC SmartuUPS 750 and am using PowerChute Business Edition 5 Node v9.0.1 for Windows.

I am not sure it has anything to do with WHS2011 specifically. To me it would be very hard to continue developing a product and supporting it after release when it doesn't generate any revenue for my time.

I have to agree. As the creator of Home Server Status, I can say it just has to be something you want to do without any real financial expectation. I will sorely miss Grid Junction but understand the need to make some financial gain for your time.

• 3 weeks later...

Commodore - I really would like to replicate your setup but am having a hard time finding the exact software you mention on APC website. The APC software browsing has always been a bit difficult for me for some reason.

Can you be more specific (maybe even URLs) to the software download page. I found a Free APC PowerChute Business but the Deluxe you mention is for 25 PCs and $275 but the non-deluxe is FREE.

I wasn't able to find a "Client" version either. Further details would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Is the solution you found the 3 software combo Business with the agent, service and console? Did you install the console on your desktop PC (a clieint PC to the WHS 2011 server)?

PS - Nevermind I reread your post and noticed you did give the full APC application name as your last line:

PowerChute Business Edition 5 Node v9.0.1

Which helps alot. Thanks again for posting your working configuration as it's rare to get info on WHS 2011 add-ins or even setups like APC Smart-UPS software control discussed.

Edited by Beaker1024