RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

New My Movies install on WHS 2011 gone wrong. HELP!

tbowland

Ya you know I can't even find anything related to SQL in the services(on the homeserver)....running or otherwise.

Assuming the database setup is where the problem starts.

MyMovies does take quite awhile to install the Media Encoder and Sql.

I know the first time I installed it I had thought the install had froze, but it finally finished.

After a server reboot it was ready to go.

If your still having problems an uninstall and re install of MM could be in order.

Can anyone help. Im not sure what has happened with a My Movies install on a new 2011 box

MyMoviesInstallation.jpg

Something is strange about this install. What is a "BSERVER" This is not part of the MyMovies for WHS 2011 install. What version did you install? Did you install the beta? I suspect that something else is causing the error.

Something is strange about this install. What is a "BSERVER" This is not part of the MyMovies for WHS 2011 install. What version did you install? Did you install the beta? I suspect that something else is causing the error.

I took it that BSERVER was the name of his WHS??

Yep, my mistake. You are correct.

tbowland,

Did you force clear this error and restart the computer. I found that SQL errors do not just go away even if you have resolved the problem.

Not to hijack this thread, but a related question. What is the advantage of running MM on the server, as opposed to running it on an HTPC and having the dB and files stored on the server?

Good question ikon.

I did a few reboots of the server (BSERVER) and the media encoder finished installing but it seems SQL is not downloading. I didnt realize that it was trying to download it from the internet. There is no internet/network connection reason it doesn't download so i'm a bit stumped. I may need to zip over to the my movies forum.

Interesting note here though that im sure is very telling (if you understood) is that "Windows Defender" & "Windows Update" nolonger run at startup.

The server is also running at a crawl. :wacko: