RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
scottbakertemp

My first real build in at least 10 years

Joe_Miner

Finally got around to getting a pic of my new build. I had to go with the 5770 as the second video card as the 4550 caused my PC to frequently disable aero. It still happens but very infrequently. The finance committee allowed me to buy a second SSD so I could have 1 for the OS and 1 running VMs.

corei7+build.jpg

Thanks for the pic! Nice looking build! The Intel 520 is nice -- put one in my HTPC2 last fall and it has been very reliable. I'm sure you're going to enjoy your build.

scottbakertemp

Disable Aero? That seems a bit odd. Do you get the "video mode has been changed to xxx" message?

I don't remember the exact message but it acts like my memory is low (even though I have 10 gig free). I'm sure it's some weird driver issue that will never be tested. I'm probably one of the few people in the world driving 6 monitors with a 6950 and a 5770.

scottbakertemp

Thanks for the pic! Nice looking build! The Intel 520 is nice -- put one in my HTPC2 last fall and it has been very reliable. I'm sure you're going to enjoy your build.

Yeah after having to RMA the vertex 3 and not being able to update the firmware as an OS drive - I really don't trust OCZ anymore. I'm sticking with Intel SSDs for now.

ikon

I don't remember the exact message but it acts like my memory is low (even though I have 10 gig free). I'm sure it's some weird driver issue that will never be tested. I'm probably one of the few people in the world driving 6 monitors with a 6950 and a 5770.

My bad. I totally missed the 6 monitors bit. God only knows what that means for Aero. I would pursue it with AMD. They are sometimes eager to dig into bleeding edge setups.