RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Need help with choosing Motherboard!

JohnnyBeGood

This just looks like a simple case of trying to use 32 bit drivers on a 64 bit OS. Can you find 64 bit drivers for the sound card?

I got it to work by selecting update driver and selecting option "have a disk" All of them were 64bit drivers. Running setup.exe was giving this error.

I got it to work by selecting update driver and selecting option "have a disk" All of them were 64bit drivers. Running setup.exe was giving this error.

That's great news. I myself usually use the Update Driver - Have Disk option.

Interesting. I've had my WHS2011 prompt for audio drivers a few times but I've never bothered to try and load any, so I never found out first hand whether the server would accept them or not.

Interesting, I have tried on v1, v2, and s2008r2. None of them worked. I will have to try again.

I would not bother with sound on a server as it is not really useful. As for which brand, either will be fine are good MFGs, but honestly I have had issues with Asus software. Should not be an issue with WHS as all you need to load is the Intel chipset drivers and you are good to go.

I would not bother with sound on a server as it is not really useful. As for which brand, either will be fine are good MFGs, but honestly I have had issues with Asus software. Should not be an issue with WHS as all you need to load is the Intel chipset drivers and you are good to go.

Thanks for the reply!

Aesthetics can be very important, especially in a windowed/showcase build. If all else is equal I'm picking it based on color. Whichever one doesn't make me barf every time I open the case.

I can understand that. I've never felt the urge to make a showcase build myself, but I can see where it might be appealing.