RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

WHS Drobo Status Beta 2

Ross Dargan

Its not going to be tonight - I'm trying to get the "New Update" notifications working before releasing it.

Should get it tomorrow tho!

Ta

Ross

thaiboxer2505

Brilliant, thank you!

arnoldburian

Does this work with version 1 of Drobo (which requires dashboard 1.8.4)? I get a message that says "it looks like the drobo dashboard software has not been installed."

I haven't hooked up my Drobo yet - should this still communicate with the Drobo Dashboard?

Thanks!

ikon

Does this work with version 1 of Drobo (which requires dashboard 1.8.4)? I get a message that says "it looks like the drobo dashboard software has not been installed."

I haven't hooked up my Drobo yet - should this still communicate with the Drobo Dashboard?

Thanks!

Check the tweets from Drobo. There was a tweet yesterday about that exact error message:

drobo Drobo

Folks - If you have experienced any issues w/ @Drobo not appearing in Dashboard, please install just released v2.1.2dro.bo/qFeXih

http://twitter.com/drobo

ikon

Its not going to be tonight - I'm trying to get the "New Update" notifications working before releasing it.

Should get it tomorrow tho!

Ta

Ross

:D Such long development cycles! Shame on you! :D

(In case it wasn't totally obvious, the above statement was completely ironic.)

Ross Dargan

Such long development cycles! Shame on you!

(In case it wasn't totally obvious, the above statement was completely ironic.)

lol! For what it's worth I totally missed that release date! Had issues with

A) Wisdom tooth causing me issues

B) Fun deadlines at work

C) BF3

Any way, hopefully I'll get a chance to look at it tomorrow!

Thanks!

Good question - I'm honestly not sure. Have you installed the drobo dashboard? It does perhaps need to be the latest version of the dashboard to work - can you upgrade and see if that sorts it.

Ta

Ross

ikon

Wisdom teeth are not fun. :P Good luck.

arnoldburian

Check the tweets from Drobo. There was a tweet yesterday about that exact error message:

drobo Drobo

Folks - If you have experienced any issues w/ @Drobo not appearing in Dashboard, please install just released v2.1.2dro.bo/qFeXih

http://twitter.com/drobo

Thanks, but I'm stuck using version 1.8.4 of the Drobo Dashboard (because I have the first version of the Drobo). My problem is that this WHS Add-in is not seeing Drobo Dashboard 1.8.4.

B) Fun deadlines at work

C) BF3

Any way, hopefully I'll get a chance to look at it tomorrow!

Good question - I'm honestly not sure. Have you installed the drobo dashboard? It does perhaps need to be the latest version of the dashboard to work - can you upgrade and see if that sorts it.

Ta

Ross

Hi, Ross-

I can't upgrade. Anyone that has the original Drobo version 1 must use Drobo Dashboard 1.8.4. This add-in does not seem to detect Drobo Dashboard 1.8.4. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

ikon

Thanks, but I'm stuck using version 1.8.4 of the Drobo Dashboard (because I have the first version of the Drobo). My problem is that this WHS Add-in is not seeing Drobo Dashboard 1.8.4.

Ah. OK. I wasn't sure if that's what you meant. I guess you're kinda stuck :(