WHS Drobo Status Beta 2

Dave

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=21

File Name: WHS Drobo Status Beta 2

File Submitter: HSS-Dave

File Submitted: 15 Jan 2012

File Category: WHS Drobo Status

Free or Fee?: BETA

PLEASE NOTE: you must uninstall Beta 1 prior to installing this version, if you don't you will have to restart your whs box.

WHS Drobo Status for Windows Home Server 2011. Simply install the add-in as normal from any WHS client computer.

Also note, you must have the Drobo dashboard software installed on your Windows Home Server for the plugin to work (you probably have it installed already! If not you can find the right version from the drobo website).
 Feedback, and support can be made in the forums here. Feature requests can be made at my uservoice page.

I am hoping the next version will be the final version. I know I want the software to be free/donation ware for home users and I plan on introducing a charge for commercial use - I just need to think about a fair price (suggestions welcome!)

Click here to download this file

ikon

Given that it is almost certain that commercial buyers will be SOHO, I think you will have to keep the price relatively low. I'm thinking between $19.95 and $39.95.

Ross Dargan

Thanks for the feedback, tbh I was thinking below that anyway :-)

ikon

Thanks for the feedback, tbh I was thinking below that anyway :-)

Then I think you should be good to go....my 2 cents.

thaiboxer2505

Functional question: I'm copying about 1.5TB to the DROBO from the internal RAID on my WHS 2011 server. The visual capacity for the storage device does not reflect the percent of remaing space at the top of the page. Is this the expected behaivior during the copy operation? I'll report back if the visual number updates after the copy operation is complete.

I really like the capabilty of the product thus far.

Thanks,

Ross Dargan

The values should match what it says on the drobo dashboard. I don't thinks its 100% correct until the copy operation is complete.

Glad you like it so far!

thaiboxer2505

The copy operation completed and the status screen has not refreshed with the current values. I have tried rebooting both WHS server and VM my management client is running on. Do you need any log files uploaded to verify?

Thanks,

Ross Dargan

Is the used amount stuck at 0? this is something another user experienced that is fixed in the next version.

ta Ross

thaiboxer2505

The value to the right of the graph is using 0 B used.

On the positivie news front, i bought the Drobo because I noticed the add-in you created.

Ross Dargan

Cool :-) Hope you are happy with it! I'll try and get version 1 released tonight.