RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
countryfarmer23

Remote Access- Uploading Files

countryfarmer23

I'm trying to upload a zip file from my work PC as a test of the upload capability. I am not using the Easy Transfer tool and prefer not to. The file is around 30MB. It seems that a few minutes into the upload the screen goes blank and IE has a popup asking me if I want to "Stay on the page" or "Leave the page". I'm not asking it to navigate to another page. I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe you can help. I'm assuming after a file successfully uploads I should get some confirmation?

Thanks

jmwills

This may be (and probably is) a function of your work network. After 30 minutes of inactivity, the Homeserver remote access page will automatically log you off, but the function is still running in the background.

countryfarmer23

It's not a part of my work network. I'm the Systems Admin. So if it is still uploading in the background after logged off because of 30 mins of "inactivity", how do I know when it is finished uploading? I understand whis with a large file although I don't agree wth that. This actually was happening with a small 25MB zip file. After a a minute or 2 into the upload. Any explanation for why it's asking if I want to leave the current page?

Thanks

jmwills

At the bottom of the screen, you should be seeing a yellow box for either downloads or uploads which does show progress, even if WHS logs you off for inactivity. Are you seeing this?

countryfarmer23

No, I do not see this. All I have is the Please wait while files are uploaded in the middle of the screen. Just FYI- I'm not using the Easy Transfer Tool- not sure if this matters.

Thanks

jmwills

I would try the ETT and see.

countryfarmer23

Do you see this bar when your use the ETT or without or both?

countryfarmer23

I only see status bar when using the ETT. Do you see it when you use the normal file upload?

jmwills

No I do not. Thats why I use ETT.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

At the bottom of the screen, you should be seeing a yellow box for either downloads or uploads which does show progress, even if WHS logs you off for inactivity. Are you seeing this?

I believe that yellow box is only if he is using IE9 and I don't see where he indicates the browser version.