RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

New to the forum and new to servers: How to stream MKV's over network?

emmdotenn

@ikon - unfortunately i would rather not make a permanent solution since im moving in the future.

Also, i have ran into another problem with windows home server where i cant set up client backup services, and also an issue where dashboard would not be able to see computers as online unlesi tirn pff my software firewall. i use eset smart security: is this a known issue that cant be fixed?

Will that also solve my issue with not being able to set up my client service backup? I've tried turning off my firewall before and it still didn't work :(

Need more detail on the error with client backups. Is the connector software installed? Can the clients see the server on the LAN? is there two way traffic? What firewall is running on the clients?

Details of the problem.

So I have connector software (i.e. Launchpad and Dashboard) installed on the two client computers (one is running Win7 Pro and other Home Premium), both are using ESET smart security 5 for firewall and AV.

My problem is unless I turn the ESET firewall (where I have already set allow all traffic for both dashboard and launchpad), Dashboard won't recognize the client computers as online. Furthermore, when I try to set up a customize backup schedule I keep getting this error message saying there's a problem with initiating the set up process. I have made sure that the services related to client back ups are all started on both the server and client computers using Administrative Tools/Services.

I'm not at home right now but once I do I'll take a couple screenshots for you to see. Hopefully you can help me out!

When running into problems like yours, I find it best to disable anything I can, to simplify the problem. Once I have it working in a simplified mode, I start adding back programs/services/features/hardware, checking for continued functionality after each change.