RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
mattd390

Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB - $139.99

mattd390

I guess this is kind of a deal, with today's prices.

Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive http://www.newegg.co...-_-22136891-L0A - Promo code - EMCJKKE22 - limit 1 per customer.

I thought the was a decent deal too - Vertex 3 90 GB for $144.99. It has a $30 rebate too. http://www.newegg.co..._-20227759-L04A

Edited by mattd390

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Man, why don't the good manufacturers put out deals on their 2 TB drives? Unlike WD, I guess they don't have to. Patiently waiting.

Thanks for posting though.

jmwills

Don't buy is my mantra..let them build inventory and prices will drop.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Don't buy is my mantra..let them build inventory and prices will drop.

Good strategy if we could get the rest of the world to follow.

jmwills

I thought I send that order out to everyone?????

mattd390

Man, why don't the good manufacturers put out deals on their 2 TB drives? Unlike WD, I guess they don't have to. Patiently waiting.

Thanks for posting though.

Not a fan of WD huh? I myself try to stay away from Seagate due to the lengthy time their RMA process took for me personally. I had great luck with the WD RMA process though. I haven't lost a Samsung drive though so maybe I should stick with them exclusively :). Oh yeah, didnt they get bought out?? :)

LOL!

ikon

You did, but Google decided to ignore it; they're still buying drives by the container ship load :D

jmwills

Yep, and and the old contract price. That's why we are being charged out the wazoo.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Not a fan of WD huh? I myself try to stay away from Seagate due to the lengthy time their RMA process took for me personally. I had great luck with the WD RMA process though. I haven't lost a Samsung drive though so maybe I should stick with them exclusively :). Oh yeah, didnt they get bought out?? :)

I have never had a Seagate go bad on me so I don't know anything about their RMA process. With experience I can tell you that WD's is good. But as you know practice makes perfect.

I haven't heard anything about Samsung being bought out. Are you thinking of Hitachi being bought by WD?

mattd390

I have never had a Seagate go bad on me so I don't know anything about their RMA process. With experience I can tell you that WD's is good. But as you know practice makes perfect.

I haven't heard anything about Samsung being bought out. Are you thinking of Hitachi being bought by WD?

I thought Seagate was buying/bought them out. I could be mistaken though.