RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
itGeeks

Streaming Pictures Around my Home from WHS 2011?

itGeeks

Hi All,

I want to stream my pictures around my home to rooms without computers and I was thinking I could use some kind of digital picture frame. Has anyone else done this? And if yes what are you using?

Thank you

ImTheTypeOfGuy

The easiest thing to use are wireless photo frames. I have a couple of them and they connect to my WAN and it just scrolls through the photos on my server. It works great. The other option is to get a boxee box or wd live tv to stream them through your TV.

ikon

The easiest thing to use are wireless photo frames. I have a couple of them and they connect to my WAN and it just scrolls through the photos on my server. It works great. The other option is to get a boxee box or wd live tv to stream them through your TV.

What makes/models do you have?

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I know it is a DLink and will have to look at the model when I get home tonight.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

What makes/models do you have?

DLink DSM-210

pcdoc

I agree with ITTOG, on using wireless frames if that is all you need. If you are looking for a more media-centric solution like streaming to your HD TV, then yeh, use a low end wired/wireless streamer like WD or equivalent.