RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Blurays Won't Play in MC

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I assume so it looks at the mt2s files directly instead of seeing it as a "blu-ray" but that is a wild guess. You do it by manually changing the disc location after the collection management software has added the rip.

Thanks. I will have to try that. It's too bad the location has to be adjusted manually. Looks like I may have wasted $100 on TMT5. :unsure:

I only have one 16 port switch and everything is cat 5E or 6. My movies are on WHS v1 so it could be a DE issue. However I didn't have the problem before, thus the need for more testing.

No worries; I only mentioned it in case you might have multiple switches like I did. Look forward to hearing your testing results.

Thanks. I will have to try that. It's too bad the location has to be adjusted manually. Looks like I may have wasted $100 on TMT5. :unsure:

Just so it is clear, this is playing through an xbox. Using TMT5 in MC directly works exactly as you would expect using blu-ray folders or iso's. So if have an HTPC (which I know you do), then you have no worries. Again, this is to get it playing on an xbox.

I managed to get a folder structure rip of Troy to play last night using WMC. I located the spot in MM where you can specify the location of the files (under Discs) and specified the Stream folder. Too bad the movie wasn't better. Brad Pitt's bare butt.... yay :wacko:

Again, on a WMC if you have TMT you do not have to look at the stream file. Iso's and the "normal" file structure will work for it.

Just so it is clear, this is playing through an xbox. Using TMT5 in MC directly works exactly as you would expect using blu-ray folders or iso's. So if have an HTPC (which I know you do), then you have no worries. Again, this is to get it playing on an xbox.

Again, on a WMC if you have TMT you do not have to look at the stream file. Iso's and the "normal" file structure will work for it.

It just wasn't working for me. I'm still not sure whether or not TMT is what's playing the file or not; there doesn't seem to be any indication that it is.

Are you using MM's? If yes, do you try to play the movie within MM? If yes, then it should work fine. My understanding is that MM's calls TMT and then TMT plays the movie.

Are you using MM's? If yes, do you try to play the movie within MM? If yes, then it should work fine. My understanding is that MM's calls TMT and then TMT plays the movie.

Maybe it would be best if I just set out what I have. My HTPC has WMC, MM, and TMT5. When I played Troy I started WMC, went to the Movies section, and played Troy. My understanding is that the Movies section I used is the one set up by MM. If that's true, then I guess it follows that I played the movie using MM.

Maybe it would be best if I just set out what I have. My HTPC has WMC, MM, and TMT5. When I played Troy I started WMC, went to the Movies section, and played Troy. My understanding is that the Movies section I used is the one set up by MM. If that's true, then I guess it follows that I played the movie using MM.

You should see two Movies listed in the menu. One is the default WMC Movies and the other is from MM. For me, the one on MM is towards the top of the list and has a much better interface. I don't recall if it says MM anywhere. I don't know how the Movies from WMC operates.

You should see two Movies listed in the menu. One is the default WMC Movies and the other is from MM. For me, the one on MM is towards the top of the list and has a much better interface. I don't recall if it says MM anywhere. I don't know how the Movies from WMC operates.

Oops, I only see 1 movie. Mind you, I don't use List view. I use the one that shows 2 rows. I'm not at home ATM but I'll check when I am.