RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
John7

Failure to install connection software on 2 Vista PCs

John7

We are thinking of installing W7 but is there a danger it might inmort the problems proventing the install on Vista or does it do a clean install?

fredp1

I've had past problems with a xp machine refussing to connect to whs2011.

The solution was to completely remove .net 4, including the directory, then reinstall .net.

Stick with it.

ikon

We are thinking of installing W7 but is there a danger it might inmort the problems proventing the install on Vista or does it do a clean install?

It can certainly do a clean install if you want it to. Just specify that you don't want to upgrade during the install. Make sure your data is on another partition or drive, and I would make sure you have a backup of it too.

ikon

I have no useful suggestions but simply offer support. Hang in there, 2011 gave me days of trouble getting the connector installed on a brand new computer. 2011 seems to give A LOT of people problems with installing the connector. 2003 never did but something with 2011 is f-ed up. So don't give up just yet, I tried every suggestion people provided, I even sacrificed a few virgins and nothing worked. Then, suddenly, it installed after making zero changes.

You must have prayed to the right Gods just before it worked ;)

John7

It can certainly do a clean install if you want it to. Just specify that you don't want to upgrade during the install. Make sure your data is on another partition or drive, and I would make sure you have a backup of it too.

Thats what I feared, I clean install with a lot of graphics/photo editing programs etc is a bit daunting which is why I have always used disc imiging to avoid the need. When I built the desk PC it took days to get everything on and setup we will have to look at if its worth the effert if an upgrade is likly to import the problem.

jmwills

As I suggested, I think this is a .Net issue. There is a 3rd Party Application to totally remove .Net so you can re-install it.

dvn

And, it will see that you've already installed it and will ask if you want to repair. Say 'yes' to that.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Another option is to use version 1. It is a lot better and doesn't have these install problems.