mattd390

Main rig case

mattd390

I have my main rig built into an Antec 300 case. It is a bit tight for a full ATX motherboard. I was wondering what cases you guys use or would recommend. I have been looking at the Fractal Design XL but an open to any suggestions! Thanks!

pcdoc

Michael (no-control) just got and reviewed the mid tower version of that case and really liked it. I was eyeing the XL for my next server. Never tried one but it looks like a great case and value.

fredp1

I've got the Fractel R3 case and love it. Plenty of room, cabling is neat and tidy sound deading material and now supports USB 3.

It's got 8 internal drive bays and 2 or 3 external 5.25" bays.

It's worth a look.

mattd390

Michael (no-control) just got and reviewed the mid tower version of that case and really liked it. I was eyeing the XL for my next server. Never tried one but it looks like a great case and value.

I will take a look for the review, thanks!

I've got the Fractel R3 case and love it. Plenty of room, cabling is neat and tidy sound deading material and now supports USB 3.

It's got 8 internal drive bays and 2 or 3 external 5.25" bays.

It's worth a look.

I really have to check out that case with both of you mentioning it :). My only concern is the amount of room between the front edge of the motherboard and the 5 1/4 inch bays / hard drive storage. Do you use a full ATX MB? If so, how much room do you have between your MB and those areas? Thanks for any help!

fredp1

Hi

Theirs plenty of room in the case. I'm using a atx motherboard.

I've been meaning to take some photos.... I'll do that within a day.

mattd390

Fractal R3 review:

http://www.quietpc.c...ses/fd-definer3

That is a lot of case for $100.

Hi

Theirs plenty of room in the case. I'm using a atx motherboard.

I've been meaning to take some photos.... I'll do that within a day.

Thanks for the info!

Fractal R3 review:

http://www.quietpc.c...ses/fd-definer3

That is a lot of case for $100.

The black model was going for 119 plus 20 bones for shipping on Monday so I went with the Corsair 400R. It looks to be a good case. I just checked newegg today and I see that they have a white R3 for 99. If that had been on newegg for that price monday I probably would've gotten that.. Oh well. Maybe I will just become a fanboy of Corsair along with Tim from the BYOB podcast :).

mattd390

That's a really nice looking case! Tons of room and space for HDs... I hope I don't regret getting the corsair! :)

pcdoc

That's a really nice looking case! Tons of room and space for HDs... I hope I don't regret getting the corsair! :)

I doubt you will regret getting the Corsair. Let us know what you think of it.