RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
st3lvio

Client PC's ask for User & Password at every re-boot

tojoski

Is the local user on your PC the same as your NW user? and if so do they have the same password?

st3lvio

Is the local user on your PC the same as your NW user? and if so do they have the same password?

Yes, Yes

st3lvio

vqr42v.jpg

It seems there is something very basic that is corrupted/broken for this not to be working correctly.

jmwills

Either one of those Add-Ins is causing the block or the profile is corrupt is my best guess. I would delete the account and re-create it.

st3lvio

Either one of those Add-Ins is causing the block or the profile is corrupt is my best guess. I would delete the account and re-create it.

Well 2 of my 3 accounts would need to be deleted if that's the case.

Also, as I mentioned in my 1st post - same issue when I created a new user 3 months ago.

I may try it again.

I was hoping someone had a suggestion of how to handle this within the server's manager console.

There's a lot of settings under Configuration -> Local Users and Groups -> that may need to be adjusted.

I'm just not ready to go messing with it without knowing what may happen.

WHS2011 = Vista

ikon

I'm just not ready to go messing with it without knowing what may happen.

Make dummy accounts and mess with them until you find out what's going on, then make the appropriate adjustments to the production accounts. I tend to make a new test account for each change I make, just to ensure the changes aren't interacting, at least until I determine that multiple changes are required.

st3lvio

Ok, that sounds like a good idea.

Don't have anything to loss at this point.

Thanks