RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Issues after Expanding Raid Array

thobel

So I expanded my array over the last 2 days

Steps I took

Added 2 drives took like 30 hours but completed normal

Increased Volume from 20TB to 24TB took ab out an hour or so everything normal

Booted into Windows Shows my Old Array and 4TB or so of Unallocated space

I figure no problem expand array and I'm done. Windows wont let me expand the array?

Any clues? I'm about to blow the volume's away and recreate and restore from backup server rather not have a file copy going for 2 days if I don't need to

This is new. The fact you where able to expand should have allowed you to increase the partition. I assume you right click on your existing 20T partition? In the 5 that I have done I have not seen but mine where a bit smaller. In theory, Windows can support 256 Terabytes so that should not be a problem. I would try and delete (within windows) that extra partition, then go back and see if you right click and expand the volume. Weird problem.

This is new. The fact you where able to expand should have allowed you to increase the partition. I assume you right click on your existing 20T partition? In the 5 that I have done I have not seen but mine where a bit smaller. In theory, Windows can support 256 Terabytes so that should not be a problem. I would try and delete (within windows) that extra partition, then go back and see if you right click and expand the volume. Weird problem.

did that I'm syncing files now to my other server and will delete both and recreate if I can't figure it out sucks cause it takes forever to copy all that data