jantanik

What is the best antivirus?

ikon

Very good point. Watching the sales does provide some very good pricing for NIS -- especially if one is willing to fill out the paperwork for all the rebates etc (which I am) :)

Wondering if the MIR's have changed. I gave up on them years ago because it seemed they almost always found a way to claim you didn't do some little thing properly so your claim was denied.

Joe_Miner

Wondering if the MIR's have changed. I gave up on them years ago because it seemed they almost always found a way to claim you didn't do some little thing properly so your claim was denied.

No. I've had no problem -- never had a denial. The current NIS 2012 that's on my laptop is actually a 3 machine license and my net cost was State sales tax and my postage (minimal) to mail in the paperwork.

I usually shop for NIS at Office Depot or Fry's. Right now Office Depot has NIS 2012 3machine on sale for $-0.01.

Edited by Joe_Miner

ikon

No. I've had no problem -- never had a denial. The current NIS 2012 that's on my laptop is actually a 3 machine license and my net cost was State sales tax and my postage (minimal) to mail in the paperwork.

Good to hear.

Joe_Miner

I usually shop for NIS at Office Depot or Fry's. Right now Office Depot has NIS 2012 3machine on sale for $-0.01.

I used to get NIS when it was bundled with my Tax SW but now I get them seperately.

pcdoc

Very good point. Watching the sales does provide some very good pricing for NIS -- especially if one is willing to fill out the paperwork for all the rebates etc (which I am) :)

On a public WiFi I feel more secure with my laptop with NIS than MSE but that's just me and my years of being a Norton fanboy for over 25 years :)

Could not agree more. The enhanced firewall is what does it for me. It is as bit more robust than the built it version.

awraynor

Every review I read puts Norton at the top, what a difference from a few years ago.

ikon

As far as 3rd party AV products are concerned, I'm still a fan of Eset, if for no other reason because they've been so consistent over the years.

pcdoc

Every review I read puts Norton at the top, what a difference from a few years ago.

They have been great sine about version 2010. The 2009 was stable but not as efficient and the prior version could be temperamental. They used to put in so many registry entries before that things could get a bit squirely but that has improved greatly.

jantanik

Has anyone tried Avast? How it works?

Edited by jantanik

pcdoc

Has anyone tried Avast? How it works?

I used avast on V1 but I do not believe they support WHS 2011. Try AVG Server for $39 instead.