RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Google Music on WHS

foy1der

Is anyone putting the google music manager on their servers? From what I can tell all the music manager does is look for new music in specific directories and upload the music when it arrives.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• awraynor

• foy1der

• jmwills

• ikon

Top Posters In This Topic

I do engineering work. I use almost everything from google, sketchup is a **** tool. It would appear that we are very different.

Edited by cskenney
moderator edit

I do engineering work. I use almost everything from google, sketchup is a **** tool. It would appear that we are very different.

If you're trying to use Sketchup for engineering, that would be like trying to use a hammer as a circular saw :D It's very useful to get 3D views of things because it's very, very quick. Once you settle on a design then you move to a more sophisticated tool.

Edited by cskenney
moderator edit of quote

• 3 months later...

I got to about 1.1k songs of 9.6k before I thought, "maybe this soups be server software."

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I do not know if this is terrible English or bad advertising for Tapatalk......

I have used it for quite a while now and it seems to have uploaded all of the music in my collection to it's servers. I have not added any music since its install, so I can not comment on that but I am looking for the music manager for WHS 2011.

Edited by Jamr

I run it on my HP X510 (equivalent to EX495) with no problems. This is a Version 1 WHS system. Google Music currently reports 8501 songs in my library. I've added new song files to my server Music folder and the Google Music Manager never has a problem seeing them and pushing them to the cloud. I consume them on my Android phone, tablet, and Google TV set top box. Go Google!