RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Files on Each Hard Drive

TheReal_PeterF

Hi,

Quick question. Is there a way via an Add-in to view what files are on what drive in the storage pool?

I have 7 drives in the pool and I have one that might be on it's way out. I wanted to see what was on that drive, without pulling it out.

Thanks

Peter

Why not just remove the drive from the control panel. V1 will automatically move the files off if you have space for them. If it is on the way out you should remove it anyway.

Agreed. However the problem is I don't have the space at the moment. It's a 2TB drive that's almost full.

So I was hoping to look to see what's on there to see if I need to backup it up or move it.

I have a total of 9TB, so I only backup what I can't replace.

But if I can save myself the trouble of re-ripping movies, if that's what happens to be on that drive, it would make life easier.

Thanks

Peter

If you were able to look at the drive's contents it would still only be a snapshot -- with DE's rebalancing going on who know's what would be there later.

I guess if there are a lot of files you could safely lose you could delete files untill you had enough space open to do a disk remove like PCDoc suggested.

If you have file duplication on you might be able to turn it off except for your critical file folder directories and that might give you enough space to do the disk removal then.

Just wanted to mention that you can, if you do plan to move the files to another drive/location, turn DE rebalancing off so it doesn't try to relocate files while you're moving them.

Good one TK. I couldn't think of this add-in yet I used it real early in my WHS testing back in the day. I was curious as to what DE was doing and found this useful. Thanks for digging this up! Op, this is what you are looking for.