RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

LIAN LI PC-Q25B Case

Mojo

Hi. new to the forum but after listening to podcast I wanted to Show off my new build.

Windows Home Server 2011

Lain Li PC-Q25B Case

Intel 2100T

Zotac H68 Mini ITX Motherboard

2X 2G G-Skill Ram

Corsair CX430

4 Samsung 2TB Drives

I posted Video of it on Youtube

Under full load it on uses 48W and idles around 35W.

Congrats on a very Nice build and welcome to the forums. Would love to know how you like the cooler as well as the temps you are getting. I have the 354V which is slightly bigger and had trouble with Thermaltake X3 slim. When the computer loaded up it would heat up and spin the fans a bit too loud for my tastes as well as run a bit hot as well. Nice job on a clean build.

I've never seen my temps go over 48c under full load, hanbrake encoding video streaming and transfer. but the 2100T tends to run very cool anyway. I wanted a good but very quite cooler and this works perfectly.

I've never seen my temps go over 48c under full load, hanbrake encoding video streaming and transfer. but the 2100T tends to run very cool anyway. I wanted a good but very quite cooler and this works perfectly.

Very true. Thanks for the follow and good luck with your build. Keep posting your experiences with 2011.

Thank you for welcoming me to the forum, So far WHS 2011 is a more like Windows 7 with server features. I used Gen 1 trial first and drive extender was fantastic I was disappointed when they removed it in 2011. On gen 1 some apps were hard to install. But on 2011 I've been able to easily install iTunes, Handbrake, 7 Zip, Playon Software, Zune software, and Malewarebytes. No luck with security essentials yet. It's currently serving media to a Boxee Box, Playstation 3, 1st gen Apple TV, Samsung TV with built in app, and XBox 360. The Xbox Seems to be very picky and only works with playon software trans-coding everything, witch just seems crazy to me considering that WHS and XBox are both Microsoft products, The Boxee Box Seems to play everything WHS can throw at it and The Playstation 3 dose a good job but has no mkv support. Lastly the Apple TV still requires iTunes without hacking. so i'm considering dumping it for a another Boxee box.