RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Darn Hard Drive Prices!

mattd390

These spikes in hard drive prices are killing me! They almost make me want to take back asking for a Highpoint 2680 from my girlfriend! Anyone else get sick seeing 2 TB drives going for $150?

These spikes in hard drive prices are killing me! They almost make me want to take back asking for a Highpoint 2680 from my girlfriend! Anyone else get sick seeing 2 TB drives going for $150?

I find it helps to remember just how much more expensive drives were just a few years ago. $100 for 2TB is 5 cents a GB. I remember when I thought 30 cents was cheap.

BestBuy....external 3TB for $99. Take them out of the case.

I am also seeing a feed from Office Depot for a 2TB internal for $69.95.

Don't some hard drives have actual usb ports on the inside too? I swear I read that somewhere. I wouldnt mind that 2 TB drive if it wasn't Seagate, dang it!

Yea, and I remember 10 cent/gal gasoline, but that doesn't help me now! :wacko:

LOL!

Really? 10 cent/gal? Not to get off topic but the local news reported last night there was a gas price war in a neighboring town. People were lining up to buy gas at $3.09 / gal.

Well, we can only hope the hard drive prices increases are temporary until the flooding recedes.

Liar! Gas hasn't been 10 cents a gallon since before 1919. I guess that means you must be almost 100 yrs old :D LOL, just yankin' yer chain.

Right off I would say no, since EARS is part of the model number of EARS drives. That said, these drives may also have 4K clustering, so they might need re-alignment if you plan to use them in WHSv1.

I found on another site where someone said that part number is the retail version of a EARS drive.