RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
G. WadeTech

New PC Build... Any help is appreciated.

pcdoc

I don't know how you get done all the stuff you do.

Passion. I love to learn and try new things so it keeps me going.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Passion. I love to learn and try new things so it keeps me going.

My passion is there. The family, not so much. For some reason they like me to be with them.

ikon

My passion is there. The family, not so much. For some reason they like me to be with them.

Yeah. Families. Go figure :D

G. WadeTech

I totally agree with you ImTheTypeOfGuy.

I have posted pics of my new system (click on the below link). Thanks for all of your help and feedback.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15216611@N06/sets/72157628288722179/

Things I plan to get in the future for this build:

SSD to utilize the Intel SRT

Quad LCD arm from amazon

Edited by G. WadeTech

ikon

IThings I plan to get in the future for this build:

SSD to utilize the Intel SRT

Quad LCD arm from amazon

What is an LCD arm?

BTW, cool slide show. Didn't know you could do that in these forums. Wonder if it works if the album is stored in the forums gallery?

G. WadeTech

What is an LCD arm?

BTW, cool slide show. Didn't know you could do that in these forums. Wonder if it works if the album is stored in the forums gallery?

This is the quad LCD (VESA) arm I am looking at.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HHNRFK/ref=s9_simh_gw_p229_d2_g229_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=169W952MNCTKPESHZY7F&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470939291&pf_rd_i=507846

pcdoc

Nice, very nice. Great choices. I spent time with Fractal at CES. Great stuff.

G. WadeTech

Nice, very nice. Great choices. I spent time with Fractal at CES. Great stuff.

Thanks. I have been looking at some of the pics and videos from the CES Fractal booth. They will defiantly be a case manufacture I look at when I do another build.

pcdoc

Thanks. I have been looking at some of the pics and videos from the CES Fractal booth. They will defiantly be a case manufacture I look at when I do another build.

Yep. they have some new stuff coming out in a few months. They would not comment on what it was but they stated it would address some customer feedback. I know that one thing will be to remedy the silly exclusion of a second fan in the front. They have a nice spot for dual fans in the front but they only give you one fan.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Dave
    • Dave
      By Dave
      The SDM R4 is SOLD OUT!

The SDM R4 is a bracket that facilitates mounting two additional 2.5″ drives in a HP MicroServer Gen8. There are also mounting holes for fans across the bottom to help cool RAID/SATA cards. The kit includes all the fasteners needed to install.

With optional Stackers you can run four 2.5″ drives on the SDM R4. The SDM R4 will support four 9.5MM 2.5″ drives. If you want to run four drives on the SDM R4, you need to order SSB stacking brackets listed below. One set of SSB per drive pair, four drives will require two SSB kits. Because of the size of the SDM R4, if you are going to boot your server using the internal USB port, you will need to use a USB stick that is shorter than 1″. For more information on mounting instructions look here: http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5960-hp-ms-g8-25-drive-bracket-revision-history-new-rev-35-and-rev-4-info/?p=137922

The SDM R3.5 is in stock and ready to ship!

The SDM R3.5 is a bracket that facilitates mounting one additional 2.5″ drive in a HP MicroServer Gen8. The kit includes all the fasteners needed to install.
      With optional Stackers you can run two 2.5″ drives on the SDM R3.5. The SDM R3.5 will support two 9.5MM 2.5″ drives. If you want to run two drives on the SDM R3.5, you need to order SSB stacking brackets listed below. One set of SSB per drive pair. For more information on mounting instructions look here:  http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5960-hp-ms-g8-25-drive-bracket-revision-history-new-rev-35-and-rev-4-info/?p=137922

SSB-9.5 for 9.5mm drives $10

Schoondoggy Stacking Brackets can be used to stack two 2.5” drives. All screws are included

SSB-7 for 7mm drives $10

SOC-MSG8-R1 kit for 9.5mm optical drives to latch it in place. Screws included $9.

The SDM R4 is SOLD OUT!

• Henrik
      By Henrik
      Hi Community,

First, my specs (briefly):
      MicroServer Gen10
      AMD Opteron X3216
      Win Server 2016
      [...]

Problem:
      The Taskmanager shows only 1 CPU-core instead of 2.
      (ref. image 1)

Solutions tried:
      checked msconfig...no CPU-Limit set checked, whether other users see the same amount of CPU-cores in task-manager (ref. image-link (internal) 2)  
      Anyone out there with an idea to solve this?

Greets
      Henrik

• Sug7
      By Sug7
      Hi Guys,

New member here, some great info on this forum so hopefully a few of you have experience with the Intel E3-1260L CPU running in a HP Microserver Gen8? 

I know for sure it will work as I’ve seen some good threads on here but can anyone tell me if the upgrade made a noticeable difference in the fan speeds and noise?  

Im looking at putting two Gen8’s in a living room in place of an old N54L so cautious of too much noise..

• Orion
      By Orion
      I am building a Ryzen machine. Using the new Ryzen 7. What is the best ram to use. Obviously ddr4. And recommendations on brand and size