RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
prybar

Remote web access error

prybar

I have attempted ot fix my error message for about a month now with out any success.

Im currently running whs 2011 with a PK5000 modem/router through centry link.

The strange part is even with the error messages everything works as it should. I can connect outside my network fine. I would love to clear up the error if anyone has any ideas.

I have configured the router with UPnP enabled. I get the following message, Remote Web Access to your server is blocked. I called Century link and they assured me they do not block any ports.

I have tried it manually and receive the same error as above and your router is not configured correctly.

I have released my domain and tried both manual and UPnP with no luck and vise versa. I have a static IP adress. Have no issues with pinging my address and no issues with ports. I have ported manually 80/443/4125.

I'm out of fresh ideas. Thanks for your help in advance.

jmwills

Do a trace route to your IP Address and see if it times out. If it does, you are being blocked.

prybar

Completed a trace route, worked great. The account I created when setting up remote web access under windows live does state, "pending DNS configuration" Is there a resolution for that? I'm up tp trying anything at this point.

ikon

I too would like to see how this gets resolved. My Untangle router doesn't support uPnP (and I wouldn't use it if it did anyway, except maybe to let it get the router configured, then turn it off). It's not a big deal to me because I really never try to access my LAN via the Web Access Client; I pretty much always RDP in, which works fine. Still, it would be nice to have it cleared up.

prybar

If I find a fix I will be sure to post. Just might be something I have to deal with. I sure need some new ideas to try.

Arkans428

I am having a similar issue. I am running WHS 2011 and before i was able to access the RWA website no problem, then one day im trying to access it from work and i get an Error 500 - internal server error. I have tried reconfiguring my router both the manual way (TCP Port forawrding 80, 443, 4125, and even the old port 3389) and using Upnp. I can RDP from work just fine to my computer at home but i cannot access my Remote Web Access Interface anymore. Running Diagnostics on my server, i can access the web through internet explorer, but my dashbord says that the router is not configured and that the ports are blocked, but everything else i look at indicates otherwise.

Help?

ikon

Have you checked to ensure the ports are in the Windows Firewall Exceptions list?