RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

TMT5 with MM 4

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I had to rebuild my HTPC becuase the SSD died. After reinstalling everything, I am having problems with TMT5 and MM4. When I select a blu ray to watch, it loads TMT5 and tells me I need to update the program. I tell it to update it and it comes back and tells me I have the latest update. It does this every time, even after restarting the HTPC or if I choose another movie. The next problem is that once it starts playing the movie, it has a blue frame around the movie. Anyone experience these problems before? If yes, how did you resolve them?

PS Anyone else record to a green drive. I am having problems with pixelation on recorded shows. I don't have this problem with live tv so I am assuming it is the crappy green drive but I don't know for sure.

Did you download the latest build from the their site (Arcsoft) and install from that? I remember see that a long time ago and if I recall it went away with one of their updates. As for the resolution thing, how did you set your resolution for you desktop? Sounds like you are getting some resolution changing going on for some reason. One thing I found on the very latest Intel drivers is that it messed up one of my HTPC's. I would be fine on the desktop but when it auto loaded WMC, It would switch resolution and the screen would go black. If you grabbed the latest Intel graphics drivers that may be part of the issue. Just for kicks, try an older graphics driver.

I don't know if it is the absolute latest but it was recent given I downloaded it a few months ago after purchasing the computer from someone we both know. I wasn't really worried about getting the latest version given I knew it coud update itself. Maybe I was wrong.

I set the resolution using MC. My screen doesn't ever turn black. It just has the blue trim around it. The trim is very small as on my 67" TV, it is less than 1/4" thick around the edge. While trouble shooting, I noticed my desktop screen on the TV was a little larger than the TV could show (ie, the start button wasn't showing on the left and the time wasn't showing on the right). On my 52" LCD this doesn't happen. I need to test TMT on the LCD to see if it still has the blue edge. As for the drivers, I haven't changed it so it still has the same driver as the one the original owner put on it. Let me test it on the other TV and see if this may be a TV issue. I guess it could also be an issue with my receiver (on the 67" I run it through my ONKYO and on the 52" I run it direct to the TV).

I had to go into the settings on my 60" Bravia and change the sizing to get it to match my HTPC display, even though it's HDMI. I got it, and it looks great, but it wasn't automatic.