RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Joe_Miner

Flashing Blue Health Light -- Drive Lights are all out on EX487

Joe_Miner

Argggggg

Flashing blue health light & all drive lights are out.

I've power cycled several times with the same result.

Looks like I'm looking at having to do a System Recover with a new System drive -- tell me it isn't so!

jazzerjay

I've found this one on MediaSmartHome.

http://www.mediasmarthome.com/forum/thread/15291/EX487-flashing-blue-health/

And from Mediasmartserver.net

I haven't seen anything else yet, but I would think if you had another drive to do perform a restore on, that would be a great start. (I would remove the data drives or at least unseat them)

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse.

diehard

I would check on the server the HPMediaSmart service to see if it's running. That service runs a lot of stuff including the light's. restart the service.

Is everythingh else running normally ? Can you access the server ? Is the Console connector on the PC green ?

Joe_Miner

I would check on the server the HPMediaSmart service to see if it's running. That service runs a lot of stuff including the light's. restart the service.

Is everythingh else running normally ? Can you access the server ? Is the Console connector on the PC green ?

The console connector is Gray on the PC's --

I can't remote into the Server

All the drive lights are out.

after being on for about 15 min.

The drive lights are still out and the health light is still flashing blue BUT the console connector is green but when I click it it acts like I'm getting in but the screen comes up just a solid blue AND I can remote into the Server and I get to the almost into the remote desktop except it doesn't ask for my PW and I have just a blue screen!?!?!

Edited by Joe_Miner

diehard

Sounds pretty messed up, might as well do a Server Recovey as you suggested earlier. Remember to uninstall the connector 1st. Remember that you could loose the PC backups, so if you really need them, copy off the folder, if you need help with that, ask.

ikon

You could try to SpinRite the OS drive, but that could take longer than doing a restore. 'Course, depending on how much stuff you had on your WHS, it could take a long time to reinstall apps and stuff. If you don't have much on the OS drive I would go the recovery route.

Joe_Miner

Sounds pretty messed up, might as well do a Server Recovey as you suggested earlier. Remember to uninstall the connector 1st. Remember that you could loose the PC backups, so if you really need them, copy off the folder, if you need help with that, ask.

Started Server Recovery yesterday after work and it just about gets up to discovering the server -- having going thru the process and initiating recovery mode but it just diesn't get over the hurdle of finding the server.

This had worked perfectly when I did the upgrade to 3.0 last year

I've tried it with my desktop client and my laptop client.

Went thru the entire process by the book -- even tried going into safe mode with internet and with the firewall off and virus SW off

Is it possible I need a 32b client to do the server recovery?

It seems to hang when it is suppose to be starting the Tfptd app.

Unfortunately all of my machines now are W764b pro

====

is there a way to do this with KMV and a usb-DVD drive attached to the server?

Or could the problem be that the Server Recovery Disk sees my 5200 and thinks I have a 49X instead of a 48x and fails?

jmwills

Either the x86 client or the drivers loaded onto a USB stick so the x64 client can use them.

ikon

ditto. I used x64 drivers on a USB stick.

diehard

Or could the problem be that the Server Recovery Disk sees my 5200 and thinks I have a 49X instead of a 48x and fails?

This would not be an issue.