RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
mattd390

Super Router Box

Greg Welch

I like that it would fit nice in my rack, just need to add a 4x Intel card in it and away i go

found this comment in the feedback:

pFsense (FreeBSD) found both network cards and was able to utilize them at 1GBit, even though this is going to be a firewall box, connected to a cable internet connection, its always good to know the bottleneck will not be the network cards

Greg Welch

I couldnt resist, its on its way, im thinking a old ssd and some old ram i have will bring it to life in my rack. dont tell the wife :)

ikon

I couldnt resist, its on its way, im thinking a old ssd and some old ram i have will bring it to life in my rack. dont tell the wife :)

So you bought your Christmas present early.... you're a baaaaaaaad boy ;)

Greg Welch

So you bought your Christmas present early.... you're a baaaaaaaad boy ;)

For sure , but if anyones wondering newegg giftcards are always welcome LOL

P.S.

Once i replace the old netgear WNDR3700 with this unit "all with be rack based" and on wheels "My Rack"

also i have 2 usb internal wireless N cards i will try and integrate for wifi

ikon

For sure , but if anyones wondering newegg giftcards are always welcome LOL

P.S.

Once i replace the old netgear WNDR3700 with this unit "all with be rack based" and on wheels "My Rack"

also i have 2 usb internal wireless N cards i will try and integrate for wifi

Your link doesn't work for me; just took me to a generic Bing page. Typing in open frame steel rack gave me 5 results though.

If you don't mind my asking, what is a USB internal wireless N card? It seems like a contradiction in terms in that one usually thinks of USB as being for external devices.

c0op3r

As far as small customizable routers go has anyone tried the PC Engine Stuff?

I just got a PC Engine Alix 2d3

Its a super small x86 board, with everything on-board already, with the exception of wireless, but you can add that via the MINI-PCI slot, I installed a Atheros Mini PCI card that is b/g and it works great.

I am currently running DD-WRT Pro/Commercial on it, and plan on upgrading thw Wireless card to the Ubiquiti Networks SR71-12 (which I already bought, just waiting on the DD-WRT Drivers.

You can run a list of other this on it also, but I DD-WRT and it flat out flies this way.

PC-Engine_Ant.jpg

mattd390

Awesome! They deactivated it on newegg now :(. I was hoping I could get one in a few days. Oh well. Let us know how it works out!