index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=18

File Name: Home Server Status - VISTA/XP

File Submitter: JerryW

File Submitted: 10 Nov 2011

File Updated: 27 Nov 2011

File Category: Home Server Status

Free or Fee?: $$$ with free trial

READ BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD THIS VERSION!!

If you are looking for the OFFICIAL Windows 7 release go back or click here: http://homeserversho...-server-status/

There is NO support for this version of Home Server Status. I am merely releasing it after a few people have asked me to create a version of HSS that would run on Vista and XP. I will not, officially, be taking emails or answering forum posts about it. I may however, from time to time, answer some emails if there is a major bug because I am a nice guy and don't want people to have headaches using my software.

You are still required to have a Windows 7 license of HSS to use this product and therefore will be asked for your registration!

You may ask, 'Why should I have to pay if you are not going to support this particular version of HSS!?'

Simple. Though there is an option to pay within this version of HSS, you are not paying for a license to use this version, you are in fact paying for the released Windows 7 license which I am allowing to be used on this version of HSS.

If this is confusing and/or everyone thinks I am crazy for releasing this, let me know, I may just go ahead and remove it from the download list.

Thanks,

Jerry

Requirements:

UPDATE 11/27/2011: It has become apparent to me that this version, for XP and Vista, is no longer needed. I will be permanently removing it from this site and from my life after Jan 1, 2012. It will no longer be available.

Click here to download this file

ikon

Hopefully anyone who needs/wants to run HSS on Vista/XP will take this for the generous offer it truly is. I would ask anyone who disagrees to consider how likely it is that they could get this level of support and co-operation from any of the 'big' software companies..... yeah, I thought not.

JerryW

Hopefully anyone who needs/wants to run HSS on Vista/XP will take this for the generous offer it truly is. I would ask anyone who disagrees to consider how likely it is that they could get this level of support and co-operation from any of the 'big' software companies..... yeah, I thought not.

Thank you ikon. I appreciate your kind words very much. Of course, I agree with you 100% but you would be surprised at the emails I have gotten since this began.

ikon

Thank you ikon. I appreciate your kind words very much. Of course, I agree with you 100% but you would be surprised at the emails I have gotten since this began.

Actually, I probably wouldn't be surprised,.... unfortunately. All I can do is encourage you to ignore the ones who just don't get it. I know it can be hard sometimes, but just trust that there are many more of us who do get it. :)

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Can you make a Millenium Me version? That would be just dandy. Oh, and I would like it to be free of course. ;)

ikon

Can you make a Millenium Me version? That would be just dandy. Oh, and I would like it to be free of course. ;)

now THAT's funny :D

JerryW

Sure, I will get right on that. Right after the Windows 2020 version. I'll email you when done.

ikon

Sure, I will get right on that. Right after the Windows 2020 version. I'll email you when done.

Don't forget the Linux version. Poor Linux; never gets any love :ph34r:

JerryW

How would you like to have iPhone push notifications for HSS? I ask because I have already baked them in via Prowl app.

Edited by JerryW

ikon

Almost sounds like you're serious. If you are, it's still no use to me (no iPhone) but I'm sure others would welcome it.