RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Diskeeper 2011 for Windows Home Server 2011

mrossco

Well, it looks like Diskeeper quietly released their add-in for Windows Home Server 2011. I ran Diskeeper on my v1 box, and I've been looking for the 2011 version ever since I upgraded. It's pretty much the same as before, but it seems to have better VSS support. The UI in the Dashboard is much eaiser to use now that the Dashboard can expand to full screen.

http://www.diskeeper.com/home-use/diskeeper/home-server/overview/

Interesting. Your did not work and could not find anything but a press release but I would be interested in trying it. Thanks.

I've used Diskeeper for many years on my standalone PCs with great results. My budget's changed recently and I've fallen back on a free product (Auslogics) for my latest PC build. I would be interested to see details on Diskeeper for WHS 2011 however. Thanks.

Actually, I was told it was released on 5 Oct. I was given a Not For Resale Copy and will do my best to write a review.

Update: The link I was given does not support x64 or either the link is bad. Working with DK now to resolve those issues.

I'm using PerfectDisk 12 and was disappointed it doesn't install as an addin. I liked

to access v11 through the console.

Bummer. Not sure why the product page is down. I had purchased Diskeeper for my Home Server along with a 2-year Upgrade Assurance agreement, so I got my hands on the new version for 2011 after a simple e-mail to customer service. I like Diskeeper for no other reason than I don't have to think about it. I just install it on my server and/or home pc, and I'm done. It works really well, and I'm already noticing a difference in I/O performance after installing it a couple days ago.

Diskeeper must be going through some changes, as I'm not seeing options to purchase Upgrade Assurance on their home products anymore.

I like Diskeeper for no other reason than I don't have to think about it. I just install it on my server and/or home pc, and I'm done. It works really well, and I'm already noticing a difference in I/O performance after installing it a couple days ago.

You must be more observant than me (not hard to believe actually). I've run the trial of several versions of DK over the years and I've never seen a difference that I could attribute to it. Maybe I'll try it again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• E3000
      By E3000
      Hey guys,

As of June 2020, what are the latest versions of firmware for HP Microserver Gen8 to be installed on the system itself? Also do any other components have updatable firmware/os-independent software?

So far my list is as follows:
      BIOS - J06 (04/04/2019) iLO 4 - v2.73 (11/02/2020) Intelligent Provisioning - v1.71 (20/02/2019)  
      and I guess the following could also be added (although both out of date):
      Smart Update Manager (HP SUM) - v8.1.0 (21/12/2017) Service Pack for ProLiant (06/11/2017)  
      Date formated as DD/MM/YYYY.

I believe all the B120i Smart Storage stuff is part of Intelligent Provisioning.
    • storm
      By storm
      Could anyone help me with a copy of WHS Advanced Admin Console? The website is dead and can’t find a copy online. Resurrected my EX490 and don’t have copy anymore. Need it desperately as latest Remote Desktop software does not allow me to login with my admin account from Windows 10 to WHS to get to server software.
      thanks
      storm
    • Angelus
      By Angelus
      Good day all

i bought a gen 10 x3216 MicroServer and I have been trying to install windows server 2016 on it with a usb and I get it to boot into the usb with the iso on it but I can not get past the one install step where u supposed to select the drive.

instead it says to download storage drivers and browse to select driver. I have downloaded every single storage driver from the hpe site or is sure does feel like it.

if I try to select the driver I have to do so manually by unticking show only compatible drivers because if I leave it ticked there is nothing compatible. Iam stumped on what the correct driver is.

ok so what Iam trying to do isssssss I want to install the os onto the usb that I have attached inside the box the one that is directly coming off the board. Is that a different driver ? 

In bios/boot up options I can see all usb connected.

can anyone please help me with this 
    • Al_Borges
      By Al_Borges
      Dropbox is deprecating  the "free" tier of their storage plans

got an email from them this evening  that "I cannot link any new devices" and the only alternative is to upgrade to a $10/month plan

This is from their forums

"Dropbox device limit
      Dropbox Limits Its Free Accounts To Maximum Of Three Devices. Previously, there was no such limit implemented. According to the Dropbox website, as of March, users of its free Basic tier can add their account to a maximum of three devices. However, if they already had the device linked to more than three devices, then they will continue to function. "
      I don't know how hard and fast this is  -   I tried installing a dropbox instance on my cell phone and couldn't this evening -    I think my main PC

is on the list -   I couldn't find a listing of existing "connected devices"  on my dropbox account.

I don't even know what my other two devices are -   probably long gone  my old windows cell phone for example.

Just as Well -    Dropbox was my main cloud storage about what 10 years ago but with the improvements to OneDrive/Gdrive, and my eventual use of Office 365 storage became kinda moot.   will probably just cancel my account, which is probably what they wanted anyway

what is the old saying  "If you aren't paying for the product, you are the product"    

also   "once bitten twice shy"     Cloud Storage is not a  true  backup  

due to Crashplan's demise,    this winter I backed up all my irreplaceable data  ( family photos, documents)  on   M-Disk archival Blu ray disks.  

I have a copy in my firesafe and at my Brother's house  in another state.   

• jcollison
      By jcollison
      Wieger and I had talked about Storj a few months ago on Home Gadget Geeks, but at the time, the client was not quite ready.  Last night I thought it was time to try again.  Things have improved.

Get info on Storj at https://storj.io/

Its now easier to set up and connect.  Better instructions as well.  Like SIA, which we have been covering also, there is no $$$ in Blockchain storage yet.  But being home server guys, its an interesting thing to keep an eye on.  After just 24 hours, I am already storing 58GB of data.  Been on SIA for almost 2 months now and am only at 90GB.  So I have both running.  

You can find info on SIA mining at https://siamining.com/  .  Info on the company and the storage is at https://sia.tech/

Lots of info and lots of videos out there on both products.  I suggest you watch a few before you jump in.  Love to converse on your findings