RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Technogod

Client PC Backups Contain Errors

Technogod

Client PC Backups Contain Errors message occured and I ran Repair Backups. I tried this multiple times but the error kept returning. I restored a Client PC Backup Database from a month ago. I had the same problem. I even tried deleting previous backups and the error still occured.

I tried to restore one of my Laptops before this message appeared and it failed three quarters of the way through with an Unknown Error. For some reason WHS 2011 has alot of Unknow Errors if you know what I mean. Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

Solution: Deleted Client PC Backup Database.

ikon

Have not yet tested doing a bare metal restore from WHS2011, but it is on my must do list. AFAIC, it's not a backup system until it's been proven it can do restores.

pcdoc

This sounds like more than just 2011. Are you backing up over WiFi? I have not seen any issues with backup corruption as least that is reported. I have seen issues with restores but not tied into to a backup that was corrupted. There maybe more to this story. If the problem comes back, describe what your are running on your server and a bit about your network. There is a string of restore issues but mostly speed related.