RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

WHS 2011 and TiVo Desktop

Technogod

TiVo Desktop started causing intermittent Blue Screens of Death and corrupted Auto-Transfers. Has anybody else had this problem?

Solution: Removed TiVo Desktop from WHS 2011 and installed it on my Main PC. Use SyncToy to sync TiVo recordings with WHS 2011. SyncToy Help explains how to run SyncToy as a task and I run it once a day. I used Allway Sync until they wanted me to buy the Pro version because I synced too much data..

I have Tivo Destop running on a Win7 VM on my Hyper-V server and it's running fine, although I am starting to run out of space. :)

I have Tivo Destop running on a Win7 VM on my Hyper-V server and it's running fine, although I am starting to run out of space. :)

Pardon my ignorance (since, AFAIK, I can't use Tivo in Canada) but I thought Tivo is a hardware device. Is it a hardware and/or software device (à la Boxee), or are you talking about a desktop client/mgmt app for the hardware device?

TiVo has a Desktop Management App that allows you to transfer recordings to your computer.

Thx. That's the direction I was leaning, but was curious as to the correct answer.