RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
JerryW

Home Server Status Updates

ikon

Ignore you? I find that hard to believe. I see your name on posts all over this board.

LOL. doesn't mean anyone pays any attention to them :D

Anyway, I just tried to get a report on backups of my wife's computer. With the connector installed on her computer, but without HSS installed, it reported nothing to my win7 box's HSS. After installing HSS on my wife's computer, and doing a manual backup, it shows an entry for her computer in Baciup Reports on my win7 box, but there is only 1 line and the Status box is empty. The time in the Date/Time box is the backup start time for her computer.

JerryW

LOL. doesn't mean anyone pays any attention to them :D

Anyway, I just tried to get a report on backups of my wife's computer. With the connector installed on her computer, but without HSS installed, it reported nothing to my win7 box's HSS. After installing HSS on my wife's computer, and doing a manual backup, it shows an entry for her computer in Baciup Reports on my win7 box, but there is only 1 line and the Status box is empty. The time in the Date/Time box is the backup start time for her computer.

My apologies. I thought it was understood that this application would only report if the machines were using HSS. HSS does not pull from the server. Keep in mind, that the MS Launchpad/Connector no longer tells the user about backups. Therefore, I cannot pull from there. Now, I could pull from the server but I have always decided not to add any programming to the server. eeks. Say that 10x!

Make sense?

ikon

No problem. Honest, it was not a complaint, simply a report of my observations - you know, just in case it was unexpected behaviour :)

JerryW

No problem. Honest, it was not a complaint, simply a report of my observations - you know, just in case it was unexpected behaviour :)

Oh, I know.. Please don't mistake me.. I am glad you are aware and letting me know. I just thought maybe I screwed up and mislead you.

Thanks for your help, I am grateful!

ikon

Happy to report that both computers with HSS installed are showing up properly in Backup Reports.

JerryW

Happy to report that both computers with HSS installed are showing up properly in Backup Reports.

Ok. I will release it.

Thanks for your help!

gcoupe

Jerry, one minor quibble: you seem to be using the US date format hard-coded into the Backup report list. It would be nice if you could follow the date format set in the Control Panel.

Edited by gcoupe

ikon

Jerry, one minor quibble: you seem to be using the US date format hard-coded into the Backup report list. It would be nice if you could follow the date format set in the Control Panel.

I missed that; it's a good point.

ikon

C'mon Jerry! It took you 26 minutes to implement that change! Slacker! :)

Of course I'm joking. Your response times are awesome!!! Thanks.