RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Need a new E-mail Solution

usacomp2k3

when nothing works, run your own! lol.

if your ports arent blocked, running a mailserver on your whs might be nice.

im using hmailserver with imap and weblite for web interface and it works pretty well.

I need something that is more robust, honestly. I like WHS and all, but I don't think it's the ideal cloud solution, which is kinda what I want here.

Guest no-control

I'm fed up as well.
-I have 2 yahoo accounts, because back in the day yahoo was where it was at.
-A hotmail account for MS stuff like live, bing cashback, mesh, technet.
-A Gmail account because I bought droid without realizing i would need to drink the Google kool-aid for any of it features.
-My own hosted domain email, needed for my businesses, and as a central point for family email. As we all know what a nightmare ISP provided email can be.

I was considering creating an exchange server but like AJ was also considering office 2010 and would like to have access via web and phone. and it needs to be fairly robust as well. Having to push and redirect is a total PITA...

• 10 months later...

So over the last 2 weeks I've migrated everything to my Hotmail account. Windows Live Mail 2011 pulls in fine, I've got my subfolders. I'm a happy man. Got 5GB for free but am probably going to pay the $$ to upgrade to a pro account to get the 10GB limit and no-ads.

Like CookiePuss I run my own: Ability Mail. It is not perfect but it is very good for my needs. It's also not free which puts off a lot of people, but I didn't find it that expensive.

<p>I'm fed up as well.

-I have 2 yahoo accounts, because back in the day yahoo was where it was at.

-A hotmail account for MS stuff like live, bing cashback, mesh, technet.

-A Gmail account because I bought droid without realizing i would need to drink the Google kool-aid for any of it features.

-My own hosted domain email, needed for my businesses, and as a central point for family email. As we all know what a nightmare ISP provided email can be.</p><p>I was considering creating an exchange server but like AJ was also considering office 2010 and would like to have access via web and phone. and it needs to be fairly robust as well. Having to push and redirect is a total PITA...</p>

Well, exchange 2010 and mobile shouldn't be a problem. Android supports it, and there's plenty of software in the market for more functionality.

Also, I don't really think you need Hotmail addres for the MS stuff, atleast not anymore. LiveID doesn't really care anymore.