RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Podcast 65, what do you think ?

diehard

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the support on this forum & all the positive feedback on the longer podcast.

Help Jim on on his post to build a WHS.

We spoke about the ASUS TS Mini here and Intels D510 here what to you think of these boards ?

Power Pack 3 release, will you use it ? What are your comments on the interview ?

Power Pack 3, as for encoding & moving my recorded TV, I prefer using Brent Friedman's TV Manager

I can set the time to transfer the recording. Power Pack 3 tends to stutter if you are recording a second TV shows while it's encoding or transfering the 1st to your home server. I don't re-encode the .wtv files to view remotely. I'm looking forward to Brent releasing the iTouch TV Manager app to do the encoding.

Nice to see that PP3 will allow users using Windows 7 Basic to install the WHS connector http://usingwindowshomeserver.com/2009/11/14/another-good-reason-to-install-windows-home-server-power-pack-3-beta-now/

Now AJ is piling on! I know he is just kidding but hey Diehard, I think what you have started is awesome. Good referrals back to show items for discussion and great linkage.

What did you think of my voicemail production at the beginning? I had some fun with it.

That was a cool intro Dave. Quite original. This kind of stuff or bloppers at the end is a real treat. Keeps listeners hanging on until the end.

Comments on Show 65:

As always, great show,

Asus announces WHS. My only comment is that I prefer expandability, a two (2) drive unit seems short term / short-sighted for me, I prefer something with a few more disc bays. I predict that with all of these two bays WHS one day there will be a big market for e-sata expansion bays or very large terabyte drives. Also I prefer a bit more redundancy spread across multiple drives. Isn

I like the idea of having bloopers on the end of the show. Would it be possible to take live calls from fans with questions? I know the show is recorded, but just asking.

The Guy - thanks for your comments. Always helpful.

Fernis - While taking live calls is difficult at the moment, we can take your recorded call. Dave makes that possible thru leaving a message for him on skype. The link is in the show notes for show #65.

Jim