RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

What programs are you using on your Media Center?

Dave

I'm just curious what programs people are running on their Media Center PC's. I have a dedicated PC as my Media Center and am running MyMovies and MediaBrowser. Although I have not been using MediaBrowser lately. I also run my Zune client and planned on running the Eye-Fi client on it as well.

Anyone running VMCPlayit?
TubeCentric
Hulu Desktop
Media Player Classic

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave

• usacomp2k3

• wodysweb

• luke fairbank

Good topic Dave, here are mine:

Home Server Connector, of course!
MyMovies
Total Media Theatre
MediaPlayer Classic
Secondrun.tv
HuluDesktop w/ WMC plugin
Vmcnetflix (for extenders)
Media Center Health Monitor
mcBackup
Media Center Studio
Virtual Clone Drive
DVRMS Toolbox
Show Analyzer
My channel logos
Vista4Cast
RadioTime
Google Calendar Plugin

Ha! Good one CSK.
How do you like Media Player Classic? Do you call it from MyMovies? I've been thinking about trying that and using the option of saving where I am at in the DVD.

haha, I may be the Diehard of the MCE world :-) I wouldn't go without them though, they're all great and rock solid for me.

MPC-HC is good for playing blu-ray rips that you want subtitle support and hardware acceleration combined. Currently you can't get that working very well with TMT or Power DVD. I call it just like the Hulu WMC plugin, or through MyMovies. It minimizes WMC, plays the movie, and then brings WMC back in focus when done.

EDIT - Here's a good link from Damian over at mediasmartserver.net showing how to get it all rolling.

We don't use Media Center as a primary source due to lack of Premium HD content. It's my wife's desktop, which has regular desktop usage.
The MediaCenter specific software that is installed is MyChannelLogos, Recorded TV Manager. I think that's about it.

Interesting. I need to try it. I was more daring with my Media Center when I was running Win7RC because I knew I would eventually format and re-install. Now I'm running the real thing I have been very tight with what I install.

I have Play On installed and hardly use it so vmcPlayit or TubeCore is certainly in my future. I would be interested in any comparison if someone has used both.