RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Looking for a small form factor PC to pair with WHS2011 and a Drobo

jcollison

I am looking for a small form factor PC or case to pair with a Drobo S. The Drobo dimensions are 10.3" x 7.3" x 5.9" and of course you can find pictures over at drobo.com. I want the PC to either be a stand for the Drobo or sit on top of it and look like they should be paired together. It needs to have USB 3.0 or eSATA, powerful enough to run WHS 2011, have room for an internal drive of at least 120GB and be fairly power efficient. It also cannot be a million dollars.

Leave pictures or links.

Taking your thoughts, ideas or additional questions. We will talk about this on the show over the next couple of weeks.

Jim

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jcollison

• ikon

• Joe_Miner

• pluggedinpc

This one should fit nicely. Silverstone always gets reviews here.

It's a little big. Looking for something smaller than that. Like 3 or 4 inches high.

I have the predecesor and it has E-Sata. I realize the 3.0 is a little faster (I think), just throwing it out there. No longer available, but it cold be for sale. It would be smaller than the Drobo.

The lowcarbonpc looks nice... But a bit on the pricey side.

http://www.lowcarbonpc.com/main.sc

EARTH- Stylish Silver Eco Friendly Mini PC Computer Price Each: $399.00 Memory: 4 GB DDR2 800 +$49.00 Hard Drive: 320 GB Eco Star Optical Drive: DVD Combo Drive Operating System: Ubuntu Linux -$100.00 Microsoft Office: No Microsoft Office Keyboard & Mouse: None Remote Control: None Monitor: None $348.00 deleteicon.gif Subtotal: $348.00

Not a bad little box but it does lack USB 3.0 support. I am seeing a trend here. I will have to keep this one in mind.

It would be great if it came in black.