Dave

Hangout during Apple's keynote on Oct 4th?

12 posts in this topic

Anyone want to hang out on Tuesday during the apple keynote? We can all jump into the /live page and chat. Haters are welcome too!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...an Apple Haters get together... :)

Anyone want to hang out on Tuesday during the apple keynote? We can all jump into the /live page and chat. Haters are welcome too!

If I can I would love to. I will be at work but I will try and hook up for a bit.

Me too, at work. If I can I will.....

I will be at work too. Don't know if I will be able to see or hear the apple keynote since my company blocks everything on the internet that may involve anything remotely resembling fun or enjoyable (like steaming video or audio).

I will be at work too. Don't know if I will be able to see or hear the apple keynote since my company blocks everything on the internet that may involve anything remotely resembling fun or enjoyable (like steaming video or audio).

That is exactly why I have a mobile hot spot.

I am not seeing that they are broadcasting year? Only live blogs. Anyone know anything different?

10am PT, 1pm ET

Edited by ikon

They have confirmed that there is no live video. At WWDC there was a few rogue video feeds but that is a larger venue. It might not be as easy to send out a live video feed on the sly this time.

I usually watch TWIT.tv and read engadget and thisismynext.com or the verge or whatever they are called. Worked well for the Amazon keynote but having live video is really cool.

Still planning to open the /live room?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Dave
      By Dave
      I like this author but he seems to blame  MicroSD technology for user error. I used to love a phone that supported upgradeable storage but finally bit the bullet and went with a 128Gb Pixel XL and couldn't be happier.  No errors with the card, no worries with drops, and faster storage.
      Secondly, this all could have been avoided by locking the phone! No, you might not get it back, but your worries are gone, and scumbag thief has a bricked device. A good home warranty will replace that handset.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/moving-from-android-to-ios-lessons-learned-helping-with-a-transition/

The last two points I get. No arguments there.  Seriously folks. Upgrade from your old Galaxy S3, Ahem Avram Piltch, get a decent phone and a good home warranty coverage for your portables.

Read the rest of this article and pay attention to the Transition section. These points and many more make it VERY hard for me to consider an iOS device as my daily handset.
    • Dave
      By Dave
      Apple showed off the HomePod yesterday and I know it's early to compare these things but there are a few key points that we can look at in comparison to the other vendors.  I would like to do this without bashing X vs. Y as I think Apple entering this market is key. Bring your facts.
      They are obviously playing to their strengths first. Music.  They announced that they have 27 million Apple Music subscribers.  That is a very large number and they are also entering the market in typical Apple style.  Make a good product (as in sound) and compete where they feel they are stronger. Looking at you Sonos.  The Apple Home Pod will debut at the end of the year for $350.
      It will also have Siri and touch controls on the top of it.  I know, siri is a huge "hit and miss" product.  I don't feel it performs as well as Google or Echo but it is improving.  It also does home kit integration like turning on lights, etc.  Basic stuff.
      Where I think it will shine is when you couple it with another unit in the same room.  They are supposed to recognize each other and balance the sound in the room. Equally impressive is multiple rooms.  You can now sync audio on multiple units, in multiple rooms.  Amazon Echo is now officially behind as Google Home will do this as well.
      The size caught me off guard.  It looks monstrous in photos but it's actually only 6.8" tall and 5.6" wide. 
      Earlier I said lets play fair but here is where I give you my opinions on the market and it's not favorable for all.
      Apple - Mostly discussed already but they will enter the market and the sheeples will drop their Echos in mass and go to Apple.  They will complain that it doesn't have "feature x" or feature y" but then go get a second one for another room and be happy in doing so.  Prepare for a gluttony of used Echo tubes on the market come December.
      Sonos - There will be huge debates on sound. Right? If you have invested all that money in Sonos you are probably going to defend that stance! These debates will rage. Sonos can win this one but I'm curious if they take new paths or just try to be the best speaker system and continue to partner with all the voice operated devices. That's a strong position. Output great sound and talk to siri, echo, AND google.
      Google Home - Is Google going to stay in this game? Can they overcome the "we are creepy with your data" stigma?  I'm pretty sure if I didn't already have a boat load of Echo's I would be a Google Home customer especially with calling and multiroom audio.  Everybody will have these features by end of year though.  They better!
      Amazon - First in Wins?  Echo Show better sound real good Amazon!  In one of my recent #RESET podcasts I predicted that the sound would be amazing or at least 10x better than "Echo in a tube."  It has to be since they designed the base the way they did.  The screen is a differentiator.  I think it is going to be a big deal.  I have one on order and we will find out on Jun 28th.
      Microsoft - Hey Cortana.  Best name in the business in my opinion but I'm a huge Halo fan.  I do fear that missing mobile has once again reared its ugly head in Redmond.  I don't know if this tube can catch up or better yet, even be relevant in this market. It's so freaking behind and their Harman Kardon partner literally copied the Echo Tube design.  Microsoft got to the puck, but as they did it's been smashed far beyond their reach but Microsoft fans will continue to tell you they are "skating to the puck!" 
      I do think Microsoft has a few feathers in its cap though. Skype and Surface.  If they can get the Home Hub, Cortana, and Skype, into a design that mimics the Echo Show, and sounds like a Sonos they can compete.  It has to be a device.  You can't expect anyone but us geeks to design kitchen PC's. That is not mass market.  Panos, you need a day one home run in this category.  Surface Home anybody?

• WolfJT
      By WolfJT
      I was on a trip last week riding in a Hertz rental bus on the way to an airport. The bus was full. I was standing there riding and noticing the phones the 6 people around me were using. All of them had iPhone's. It made me think of how bland that really is. Everyone either has iPhones or Galaxy. I am blown away by Apple selling 9 million handsets in a weekend. People actually standing in line to get a phone that doesn't have anything new to offer. It makes me wonder if WP can ever break through this consumer wall that Apple and Samsung have built. On a side note,  I love busting out my Win Phone HTC 8X in situations like this. I love to have something that looks completely different. Unfortunately no one noticed my Win Phone. Maybe they were all getting too motion sick from IOS 7 to notice.
    • DaMenace
      By DaMenace
      Has anyone attempted to import ITUNES video and Music on a MAC into PLEX running Windows 10?
    • mailman1988
      By mailman1988
      While thumbing through the iTunes store I ran across a Free App & software by MMSoft called PC Monitor
      http://www.mobilepcmonitor.com

After loading the program on your server/PC, it will securely report to your mobile device.
      Has anyone tested this on V1 or V2? or any other Server's?
      Thanks