RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Make WMC start in windowed vs full screen?

texasPI

Is there anyway to make WMC start in a window? I know there are several switches for WMC and I've found in settings where I can start WMc in normal, minimized, and full screen. The reason I ask is because I'd like to use WMC remotely via Splashtop on the Touchpad. However, if I initiate a Splashtop session and then try to open WMC on the target machine, I get a popup telling me WMC does is not supported by Splashtop because of the full screen. I can minimize it on the target machine and then access it fine via Splashtop.

Btw, this works great. Streaming inside my LAN is pretty good and video reolution looks fine. Funny thing, I'm able to start XBMC in full screen and it works fine so I'm not sure why WMC does not.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Dave
    • Dave
      By Dave
      The SDM R4 is SOLD OUT!

The SDM R4 is a bracket that facilitates mounting two additional 2.5″ drives in a HP MicroServer Gen8. There are also mounting holes for fans across the bottom to help cool RAID/SATA cards. The kit includes all the fasteners needed to install.

With optional Stackers you can run four 2.5″ drives on the SDM R4. The SDM R4 will support four 9.5MM 2.5″ drives. If you want to run four drives on the SDM R4, you need to order SSB stacking brackets listed below. One set of SSB per drive pair, four drives will require two SSB kits. Because of the size of the SDM R4, if you are going to boot your server using the internal USB port, you will need to use a USB stick that is shorter than 1″. For more information on mounting instructions look here: http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5960-hp-ms-g8-25-drive-bracket-revision-history-new-rev-35-and-rev-4-info/?p=137922

The SDM R3.5 is in stock and ready to ship!

The SDM R3.5 is a bracket that facilitates mounting one additional 2.5″ drive in a HP MicroServer Gen8. The kit includes all the fasteners needed to install.
      With optional Stackers you can run two 2.5″ drives on the SDM R3.5. The SDM R3.5 will support two 9.5MM 2.5″ drives. If you want to run two drives on the SDM R3.5, you need to order SSB stacking brackets listed below. One set of SSB per drive pair. For more information on mounting instructions look here:  http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5960-hp-ms-g8-25-drive-bracket-revision-history-new-rev-35-and-rev-4-info/?p=137922

SSB-9.5 for 9.5mm drives $10

Schoondoggy Stacking Brackets can be used to stack two 2.5” drives. All screws are included

SSB-7 for 7mm drives $10

SOC-MSG8-R1 kit for 9.5mm optical drives to latch it in place. Screws included $9.

The SDM R4 is SOLD OUT!

• robteaboy
      By robteaboy
      I was able to watch media center recordings on my Surface RT using a couple of apps.
      On my Surface a downloaded a free app called “PlayTo Receiver.” On my L920, I downloaded a paid (w/ trial) app called “AV Remote”.
      The AV remote app sets up a DLNA connection between the Surface and my HTPC. It seemed to work fine with both 1080i and 720p mpeg2 content. As expected it did not work with protected content or live TV. This will only work across your home network, not the internet.
      Fair warning, my HTPC crashed after I tried this, may be a coincidence, so I wouldn’t experiment while watching TV or when your HTPC is recording.
    • cskenney
      By cskenney
      As some of you may know I am currently using SageTV. I have had it running in my house for a couple years now and I currently use SageTV7 w/ 2 extenders. The extender in my living room (HD300) is starting to give me problems. I may be able to mess around with it and get it to work but I need it to work reliably for my family.

We primarily use the SageTV system to serve ripped DVD movies off the WHS. The SageTV basic DVD movie list is perfect for my 5 year old son. He will stand next to our TV and tell us UP or Down to search for the movie he wants to view. This interface is very basic but it does include the DVD cover art if I have included it with the DVD rip. I also have 2 HD Homeruns that I can use with SageTV to get OTA digital programming.

Many of you are Media Center users and I am trying to figure out if that is the right choice for me.

Overall in my house I use media in the following ways:

1. Primary programming is from DirecTV. I have a HD-DVR in my living room and HD tuner boxes in the kitchen and master bedroom. The whole system is connected as a DTV Whole Home system so I can watch any recordings off the DVR in the kitchen or master bedroom.

2. DVD Rips - I used my WHS v1 server to store all my ripped DVDs. I was using MyMovies on the server to pull in cover art but the database became corrupt. I am actually open to using something different.

3. DVD viewing - Currently using SageTV 7. I have the server on my desktop PC and I am using 2 extenders. HD300 Media Theatre in my living room connected to a 55" plasma and a HD200 in my kids play area connected to a conventional 20 something inch TV.

4. Sound - I do not own any surround sound systems or anything like that so that is not a primary concern. I would like to have one but my setup isn't really conducive to using a surround sound system.

Overall I liked the idea of SageTV with a central server and extenders. My problem now is the hardware problems I am starting to see and no real news from the new owners (Google) as to the future. Is it time to start looking at another system?

I know there are many other options out there including WMC, XBMC, MythTV, etc. I could also just use a stand alone media player where I wanted to watch DVDs. However, I have heard that the user interface is not necessarily that nice to look at.

I am curious what you all think. All comments welcome!
    • IndyLux
      By IndyLux
      I picked up an HD Home Run from SiliconDust (HDHR3-US) and love it. I am using it with a large YAGI antenna on the roof of my apartment building and now have 25 stations with perfect signal. The dual tuners (with only one coax connector) let's me record and/or watch two shows at once or watch TV on two different machines. It's linked into my network via a gigabit switch. Channels change fast and the signal is crystal clear. The media center recognized the two tuners with no problem. Setup was quick and I was up and running in <20 minutes (In time to record Fringe).