RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
eagle63

Media center integration

eagle63

Hey guys, just wanted some confirmation on what the deal is with the media center connector in WHS 2011.

Sounds like it's still there, but they removed the console-view from media center. Is that it, or were

other things changed/added/removed? Thanks!

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I still have the console view and all the features that have been there over the past year or two.

gcoupe

I still have the console view and all the features that have been there over the past year or two.

According to your signature, you are still running WHS v1 - therefore you do have the WHS Console view in WMC. For those of us running WHS 2011, the Console view has been removed. All that's left is a link for setting up the TV Archive on the server...

see http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/windowshomeserver2011/server-network-changes-2.aspx

Edited by gcoupe

ImTheTypeOfGuy

According to your signature, you are still running WHS v1 - therefore you do have the WHS Console view in WMC. For those of us running WHS 2011, the Console view has been removed. All that's left is a link for setting up the TV Archive on the server...

see http://onlinehelp.mi...-changes-2.aspx

Good point. I must have blazed by his 2011 comment because I can't understand why anyone would use it. ;)

ikon

Good point. I must have blazed by his 2011 comment because I can't understand why anyone would use it. ;)

Oh SNAP! :)

dthm03

ANyone noticed the the TV archive has limited options?? I am looking for a way to have to covert the recorded TV to a smaller file like it did on v1. anyone ideas?

ikon

ANyone noticed the the TV archive has limited options?? I am looking for a way to have to covert the recorded TV to a smaller file like it did on v1. anyone ideas?

Sorry, not doing any TV recording with WMC anymore. Had to get cable company's STB in order to record digital channels so just use that now.