RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

mControl Version 3

Greg Welch

I have been waiting for this baby, looks like i can load it on 2011, 2008R2

mControl version 3 released 9/15/2011 http://www.embeddeda.../mcontrolv3.asp#

Platforms Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Home Server "Classic" and Windows Home Server 2011 - includes support for 32-bit and 64-bit platforms

User Interfaces Native iPad/iPhone (iOS), Microsoft Windows Media Center (Vista and Windows 7), Browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome), mobile devices (including iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows 7 devices) and touch screens/tablets

pcdoc, makes ya wanna give it a try :D

Edited by welchwerks

1. turns out its pricing is based on modules

2. 50 Day Trial

3. server software and client software, IE looks real nice

ill post some pics later

I have been waiting for this baby, looks like i can load it on 2011, 2008R2

mControl version 3 released 9/15/2011 http://www.embeddeda.../mcontrolv3.asp#

Platforms Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Home Server "Classic" and Windows Home Server 2011 - includes support for 32-bit and 64-bit platforms

User Interfaces Native iPad/iPhone (iOS), Microsoft Windows Media Center (Vista and Windows 7), Browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome), mobile devices (including iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows 7 devices) and touch screens/tablets

pcdoc, makes ya wanna give it a try :D

Actually I do want to give it a try. Going to download and give it a shot.

This is a good topic for BYOB guys. Automation and security (i.e. surveillance camera set-ups). If you do decide to do a show on this can you be a little specific on equipment especially on the camera side? There seems to be a ton of stuff out there and unless you know exactly what you're doing (which I don't) it's easy to get lost in information.

From my perspective I want the WHS to be the hub of pretty much everything in my house and the mControl product seems to work that in nicely. If I recall correctly Tim uses the older version of mControl as well no?

ya , i sent him a link telling him about the update, for those of use that have V2 we get a discount of $150 , so $20 for the update $170 for first timers.

im hoping to get it setup this weekend , had to put it on my host sys server 2008 R2 for access to the usb port, then i ran the client on my workstation.

im hoping they add a whs 2011 console and or luanchpad icon

at this point, looks really cool

Good suggestions. We have to gather up some people who a bit of experience and do a HA show. I have done some with HA and certainly welchworks and Tim have so we can see who else can bring something to table. Great suggestion Krom and keep them coming. Camera have always been an issue so I curious to see how the cameras which I use can integrate into this.

Version 3 has a module in the trial specificly for camera / security. still setting up my lighting so may be a while before i check that out.

but I'm in for a show that helps people setup HA, just dont ask me to be an expert, LOL i spend more time creating problems then fixing them. LOL

would be great to get someone like Ted Singh Embedded Automation the creaters of mControl on the show too

ted.singh@embeddedautomation.com

http://www.embeddedautomation.com

Edited by welchwerks

I agree with pcdoc on this stuff — these systems really should not be dependant on a computer always being turned on for them to function. This kind of dependancy is forbidden in access control systems (card swipe or proximity readers to control who can enter a specific space). You program them from a central computer, but the programming goes to a control panel (often called a floor panel) that interacts with the card readers, mag locks, etc. Underwriters' Labs specifically forbids dependancy on a central computer for anything except programing & updating.